Bike Of The Month - April 2006. Vote now or else!

Bike Of The Month - April 2006. Vote now or else!

• Elev12K's 1993 Koga Miyata TrailRunner Carbolite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • biglev's 1988 Klein Pinnacle

• cchris2lou's Yeti Kokopelli

• breezerboy's 1983 FW Evans

• mattpayne's 1996 Fat Chance Shock-a-billy

• Doug Carter's 1998 Landshark Dirt Shark

• breezerboy's 1997 Breezer Lightening

• Bikeshopowner's 198? Marin Palisades Trail

• Jezza's Fat Ti

• Alan Bonds' Schwinn Excelsior

• Total voters
Re: That Klein!

Bikeshopowner":gd8x8iq6 said:
Makes our (Slightly) tatty old '88 Palisades look a bit tame!!! :shock:

Might be tame but at least its original :!:

no eye shadow & lipstick on that to make it retro :LOL: , just kept as it should be :)

BTW the bin man was really admiring that in the window yesterday :LOL:

Thread sorted. All new selection, get your votes in. It's a hard month to call.

I now notice the suspension bikes outnumber the rigid bikes. I feel I have to vote a rigid one. This leaves me with the TrailRunner, the Pinnacle, the Evans and the Palisades Trail.

TrailRunner
With the Yo my favourite bike in my stable. Well made, clever and I have a history with it.

Pinnacle
I am not the no.1 Klein guy, but this Pinnacle may very well be the nicest I have ever seen! The Bullseye cranks and the forks make the bike losing the to me typical Klein 'sleakness'. I do really appreciate the aesthetics! Great bike.

Evans
Actually I first had to do some reasearch to learn what Evans is. This is what I visited:
http://www.evanscycles.com/
http://www.bikebrothers.co.uk/evans.htm
Okay, very nice to learn. The Evans is a 1983 bike what makes I have a lot respect for it. In some kind of way it makes it superior as classic to the other bikes. On the other hand it is inherited in the design that some issues will make it a not so effective bike on the trail.

Palisades Trail
This Palisades Trail seems to be a pretty nice example, but last thing I mentioned on the Evans also applies to the Marin I guess.

What I am missing in this months BOTM are steel rigids like the Eddys and the Assault from last month. For me it always had to be such steel ....or a bike from the make that always build me a great performer in about any material.

I will go that way too now.

On the suspension issue: I am not a suspension hater. I can life with the aesthetics of some early in particular machined or colour matching examples (though they often suck in functioning). Nevertheless, it may very well be that many not agree with me, but from some sort of purist kind of view, I feel suspension is inferior to rigid. Consider I do love my Yo, but I would have loved it even more with Yo fork. With suspension now outnumbering rigid I felt it had to be RIGID for this BOTM.

- Melvin

New nomination in Alan Bonds' Schwinn Excelsior.

Melvin,

interesting point.

Nice simple Retro Marin for me...if it does end up in the dust bin mans cart, I'll be hot on it's tail!! :D

Rich

What, no love for the 'Shark? :LOL:

I was actually surprised to see it there. I had plans to photograph the Wicked Lite for next month (waiting for the Fat love to maybe chill a bit), then saw the LandShark there and got a good laugh.

Though, it looks like I will be selling that LandShark, too. It's a bit too large for me, and I can't get comfortable on it no matter what I do. Sadly, I will be parting with it soon. I donno if I will part it or try to sell it as a whole, but it will be going soon (and I will ship to the UK for known RetroBike forum members). If anyone's wondering, it's an 18.5" frame with a 23.75" effective TT. :cry:

Back