2010 BIG DIRTY WEEKENDER II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was going to bring the '91 Kona and Maybe my '97 Alibi, but maybe I should bring the Ragley mmmBop instead, just to add to the antagonism :twisted:

6" 20mm bolt-through forks, hydraulic discs, 770mm bars, 2.35 super-tacky tyres...

Mind you, I did fall off it twice on the last retro ride! :oops: :oops: :oops: :LOL:

giant-one":1dluqzhn said:
brocklanders023":1dluqzhn said:
FluffyChicken":1dluqzhn said:
giant-one":1dluqzhn said:
Put my name down - will arrive with Beavis, beer and food! :D

Will be modern content though - sorry :oops:

What's wrong with the Alpinestars ?

He's moaning that it makes his neck sore :roll: Told him to try a different stem and mess about with the settings but he's had one go at it and seems to have lost interest. Told him his Ragley is not welcome! :shock: :twisted: :LOL: :LOL:

"Moaning about my neck being sore" :LOL: Dude what kind of a cock are you? Rode this more than once you nob. Besides I have'nt got time to sort it out now so tuff.

Well You've just made my mind up cheers, pal.

:shock: Didn't think you'd bite as easy as that Mutton! :LOL: :LOL: Anyway, your loss is my gain cos I'll be having the Alpinestars then. Get the '97 Giant up and running. ;)

Don't worry Dr S, I'll chuck the Ragley out of the car on the way up (that's if it hasn't broken.... again.... by then) if he brings it. :twisted:

I've got my Vit-T ready and should have finished the Clockwork by then so it's retro all the way for me. :D :D :D

FluffyChicken":8t87z752 said:
It's a RetroBike national event... and Dr S is running it... The Ragley... :shock:

Old bikes and stiff necks are not optional ;)

Ah the Ragleys for the Bring and Buy Bike Parts Jumble

I'm trying to figure out how to get the modern components off my bike for some old worn out one's just for the weekend. :?

if the shed of dread can be any assistance just shout

giant-one":3ga55u8n said:
Dr S":3ga55u8n said:
Ragley??

Don't leave it within reversing distance of my truck!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I will come and taunt you on the Friday evening. I will have a nice cold bottle of beer waiting for you. :D :D

I dare you to put a Fat Chance sticker on it! :twisted:

OK, very funny and all that. Bring what you want but I think you are missing the point of it being a Retro event for Retro bikes. A little like turning up to a classic car rally with a Renault Scenic really.

Anyway, let's try and keep roughly on topic.

Now who mentioned cold beer? :p

I believe that was me Si ;)

I will try and sort something out but not holding out much hope. :roll:

I love retro bikes but just can't find any I feel comfy on.

giant-one":vgs3duvr said:

You only need to be comfy-ish for 20miles ;)

What size frame you ride ?

FluffyChicken":24fm9ccj said:
giant-one":24fm9ccj said:

The Alpine is a 21" but feels too small.
I have a 97 Giant Terrago Frame which is 21.5" different geometry but feels a lot bigger.

And the Ragley Blue Pig is a 20" but has a 24" + top tube and is perfect. :roll:

I'm 6'5" and 18 st ish but I just find the retro bikes are far to low at the front and thats where I dont't feel comfy.

giant-one":3i8hr1sq said:
FluffyChicken":3i8hr1sq said:
giant-one":3i8hr1sq said:

The Alpine is a 21" but feels too small.
I have a 97 Giant Terrago Frame which is 21.5" different geometry but feels a lot bigger.

And the Ragley Blue Pig is a 20" but has a 24" + top tube and is perfect. :roll:

I'm 6'5" and 18 st ish but I just find the retro bikes are far to low at the front and thats where I dont't feel comfy.

You tried the large Kona frames ?
http://www.konaretro.com/articles/catal ... Page29.jpg
, they have long head tube and top tube in the larger sizes, so rise the front up quite a lot. There is a marked difference between my 20" 1991 Rocky and 1997 20" Kona at the front of the bike and not just the marginally longer A2C.

I think Mr K has mainlined most large retro frames though.

Saying that I'm 5'10" and ride the 20" but that's more for my legs and don't mind the reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back