MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Half a mo, your not the guy who sells bikes on Gumtree like the Trek, Overbury's and Raleigh recently. There was lots of interest about those :D

Hi, yes that's me, the raliegh and trek are still available, just until this coming Friday morning... i am that guy who sells bicycles in Edinburgh Old Town! Anyhow, thanks for the replies so far, this site is living up to it's reputation, a very good one.
Thanks,
allan

Welcome to both :) East coasters are picking up again after the fifer invasion.

it's nice to see more edinburgh folk joining :D :D welcome to the pair of you ;)

anyone up for another night time pentland ride ? :D :D :D :D

I'm planning on Glentress over the hols with at least miniKen - probably weekend, short notice but I'll let you guys know.

Sounds good TK, quite enjoyed the Stumpie at GT when it was a single speed, so should be up for that.

Pentland scabs healing nicely, but upper left arm still a bit knackered, definitely pulled something there. Hoping it'll get me through K'Tree though.

Hi All
My name is Lambert. <cue>Hello Lambert<cue end>. I once had a modern Gary Fisher commuter and lots of money.
I now have a Gary Fisher commuter, a Orange (Clockwork) a Muddy Fox Sorcerer Pro (spousal unit's bike) and a small Stumpy frame (and parts) for the oldest bairn. The youngest will inherit a modern Trek as soon as the stumpy is finished. Oh, and I have no more money.
I aim to be a starting member of RBA (Retrobike Anonymous).

I live in Kelty. Blair Adam makes up for a lot... And it's a nice cycle to Loch Glow with the family...

I've no wish to restore the retro bikes to exactly their previous states (sorry! :( ) but I do have a steel fetish :p ... I'm not into DH or jumping - me attempting same would probably register somewhere on a Richter scale.
Cycling provides and excellent excuse for drinking. I guess that I used to cycle to drink but now I'm drinking to cycle... Not sure if that makes sense...
Might bump into you around Loch Leven/Blair Adam or even on the daily commute into Inverkeiting/Edinburgh... I'll be the guy without the vuvuzela.

Cheers.

Back