Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Google+

• Another bike site

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to ride a lot at school and uni, but got interested in other things since (discovered girls, motorbikes and cars!). Used to ride with a great bunch of guys at uni who I have failed to keep in touch with very well. Anyway I still ride the same bikes I did back then, and it seems that they have kinda come back into fashion!

I have a 1995 Marin Team Titanium which I have owned from new. Most of the kit on it is the same vintage, except what wore out or broke.

My dream bike was a Yeti, so in 1998 I had a brand new Yeti ARC AS-3 frame imported from the states. I built it up with my fav bits of the time. I still love riding this bike because each time I take it out it I'm amazed by how well it rides. :D

My fitness isn't what it used to be, but I get in the saddle when I can.

Been on here a while, Chris is my Dad.

Have had a gt and a merlin but sadly both stolen now riding a kona lavadome.

joe.

Hi All,

I found RetroBike while searching for anyone that might have converted a Klein Mantra to either a singlespeed or a 96er. Mine's been through both setups with the second part just happening yesterday. I haven't seen any others thus far like it. Looks like a great blog. It's full of cyclists, so how bad can it be. Back in the day I had a Cannondale m1000 with Spinergy wheels and CODA all around. Also had a GT RTS1, and my 2000 Klein. Most recently riding a Turner RFX - not retro. Will find a different blog for that one. :) Glad to be out here. Cheers!
Adam

Hi all,

Googled retro bikes and found this forum, I am looking for a new old bike, I have a 1990 Muddy Fox Alu Team which I bought new, it has a hard time needs some fixing, I have been cycling since I bought the Muddy Fox but since our three kids came I have not had the time, but now the twins are learning to ride bikes the time has come for my return.

1990 Muddy Fox Alu Team
2002 Trek 2300 Easton carbon seat post and stem, time ti pedals
2008 Ribble (one of the new made abroad ones) put all the ultegra bits of the
Trek onto it, when I am ready I will get some 10sp for the Trek

Time introduce myself too.
I got here on the recommendation of my best mate "the great roberto" a retro guru on RB. He and I use go riding on our MTB's in the mid 90's together pestering walkers in New Forrest. This being the time before there were a decent selection of trails around.

I recently also got back in saddle after long layoff due to moving to the Netherlands 10 years ago and not being particularly inspired with the flat landscape to go out riding. A long the coast on over the dunes its a pretty nice ride. Also heading inland I have discovered some more hills and there are also several special trail areas that have opened up near me to. So I have got the bug badly and I'm really enjoying it again.

I still have my GT bravado from 97 which is now in need of a little TLC. Also have have purchased a 94 blue Zaskar for a Retro build and am considering using the Bravado as a donor bike. And have also splashed out on a 20th anniversary GT Zaskar, which will not be a retro build but modern day replica.

If anyone has some tips on a retro build for my 94 Zaskar, like what should it have been spec'd with back them, please let me know.

As for my 'new build' 20th Anni I've pretty much bought all the bits now so its just the small matter of lovingly putting together.

Time introduce myself too.
I got here on the recommendation of my best mate "the great roberto" a retro guru on RB. He and I use go riding on our MTB's in the mid 90's together pestering walkers in New Forrest. This being the time before there were a decent selection of trails around.

I recently also got back in saddle after long layoff due to moving to the Netherlands 10 years ago and not being particularly inspired with the flat landscape to go out riding. A long the coast on over the dunes its a pretty nice ride. Also heading inland I have discovered some more hills and there are also several special trail areas that have opened up near me to. So I have got the bug badly and I'm really enjoying it again.

I still have my GT bravado from 97 which is now in need of a little TLC. Also have have purchased a 94 blue Zaskar for a Retro build and am considering using the Bravado as a donor bike. And have also splashed out on a 20th anniversary GT Zaskar, which will not be a retro build but modern day replica.

If anyone has some tips on a retro build for my 94 Zaskar, like what should it have been spec'd with back them, please let me know.

As for my 'new build' 20th Anni I've pretty much bought all the bits now so its just the small matter of lovingly putting together.

Hi all, obviously new :)

I am from Southampton, and stumbled across this forum totally by chance whilst trying to find a source of retro stickers. I will post my bike details in the pre 97 section, an old 93 Kona Explosif frame.

Just getting back into cycling again, needing to get fit/loose weight, nice to get out on it again, and it still handles well.

cheers

Jason

Newbie here

Hi,
just dropping by to introduce myself. I come from Worthing, and used to ride a lot in my younger days, mainly road bikes. My road racer was nicked many years ago, and i was given this to replace it, my present MTB, by a friend, who upgraded to a Deawoo MTB. I can trace it back to its first owner, and it must be 20 yrs old.

It is a Griffin Pinnacle. Probably mid or low range as far as cost went! Anyone seen one before? I know Griffin were quite famous once, and have just gone under. I was wondering if this was a cheap, badged, entry level bike to draw people in? It has a made in Tiawan sticker still on it...

Pic to follow...

I have just got back into riding, and do mainly pub and off-raod hard track, too old for down hill now! Two weeks ago did 17 mls & 5 pubs in the New Forest, a great day out.

I have started a program of "improvments" after servicing it following the New Forest ride , as some probs developed. So, new headset, new Shimano Altus canti's, and Blr440 levers, replace broken spokes in rear wheel, and true up, Schwalbe Landcruser tyres (and new tubes), GT pedals, and cheap and nasty mudguards. Want to do the pedal arm/chainset as the original is a) worn and b) heavy, resin covered, cast steel, but i am getting flack from 'er indoors....

The guys at Quest Adventure in Broadwater have been very helpful

If you see me out and about, do say hello...

Dave R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back