HS33's on U-Brake bosses

:shock: be care full you will have to make some changes. As i ran early mags on my 92 Trimble but when i tried to do the same this with new mags i'd had to change the brake body as only fitted canti boss. they do sell kits to do it. but i didn't bother.

I used the early ones on the GT, they gave me some extra 'rubber bumpers' to space them away from the stays.

was yours the trimble I was thinking of then tintin40 ?

yep. check my gallery. fitted with them. but a load of problems trying to do it with 07 mags. :(

Looks like I've some fettling to do then.

I've got a lovely set of SID blue HS33's that would look great on Mamadirts (now mine) Fire Mountain frame. If I can't 'engineer' a fit I'll just have to stick with the U-brake at the rear.

Russell":xhq297o9 said:
Looks like I've some fettling to do then.

I've got a lovely set of SID blue HS33's that would look great on Mamadirts (now mine) Fire Mountain frame. If I can't 'engineer' a fit I'll just have to stick with the U-brake at the rear.

Dia-Compe do some fine new U brakes. Some just as light as canti's plus good stoppers. In a choice of colours. Plus at light weight prices if you want to spend ££ then their are some others like 'fly' At £60

Thanks. I've also seen some nice U-brakes brakes by Odyssey, don't know how they compare to Dia-Compe though?

tintin40":2836m8jd said:
:shock: be care full you will have to make some changes. As i ran early mags on my 92 Trimble but when i tried to do the same this with new mags i'd had to change the brake body as only fitted canti boss. they do sell kits to do it. but i didn't bother.

Right, got all the bits in one place now and the HS33 bodies don't fit the U-Brake studs as the studs are a little too large (diameter).. Who does kits? How did you get around this, just by filing out the HS33 body a little?

Thanks.

:)

Back