Zaskar re-issue !!!

One of the other forum members has already asked and the are aparently gonna have V mounts .......................... Phew

:D

I've got an original 18" Zaskar frame coming in soon :cool: - up for sale asap if anyone interested. Not sure on year yet - will let you know when arrives though likely mid-nineties.

No problems with originals either....tough as old boots!
In fact Ive got an original in anodised blue coming if anyones interested for the right money?
J

I've got one of these and after checking the old GT brochures on the site it would appear to be a 92 model with the U brake. It started off with Suntour XC Pro components and Ritchey rims, most of which have been replaced. Is this one of the original bikes and what's it worth these days?

Mine has been gathering dust for about 4 or 5 years and I'd been thinking about chucking it. I'm glad I didn't after coming across this site and post.

Zaskar92":1e2kdvhx said:
I've got one of these and after checking the old GT brochures on the site it would appear to be a 92 model with the U brake. It started off with Suntour XC Pro components and Ritchey rims, most of which have been replaced. Is this one of the original bikes and what's it worth these days?

Mine has been gathering dust for about 4 or 5 years and I'd been thinking about chucking it. I'm glad I didn't after coming across this site and post.

They brought out some suntour equiped ones that were more affordable IIRC, had mixed suntour stuff on em, very nice but I settled for a GT karakoram elite in the end due to it been more in my price bracket :(

I would still chuck it tho ................................... my way ;)

Am I the only person who hated Zaskars then ? :shock: well perhaps hate is a little strong :)

They all looked HUGE!! whatever frame size I saw them in they always looked like garden gates :?

Must admit I only ever rode one which was an ex demo I had on trial from a bike shop that I could have had REALLY cheaply :?

But I just didn't get on with it all :? in fairness in didn't stand much of a chance as I was comparing it mostly to high end steel :oops: but to me it rode like a gate as well :oops:

Another thing that bugged me :? is that the ones I saw regularly got to look old and tired very quickly, they were raced in fairness but compared to other bikes that were also raced they just didn't seem to hold up as well :?

The one good thing about them though is that those old frames are probably still around as they were bombproof :) where as the others are probably long gone :shock:

Back