Edinburgh Gumtree - more craziness

I'll take a punt on it if anyone would pick it up for me :)

kaiser":11mu65qv said:
I'll take a punt on it if anyone would pick it up for me :)

I'd love to mate but I've got craziness at work tomorrow and will be lucky if I even get out for lunch.

If I wasn't a shortarse I'd grab it myself.

It was Mine!

Ok, shall try again here...that bike was mine, i just sold it...did i sell it too cheap?!
I actually sell bicycles for a living, 2nd hand ones... my knowledge of certain types of bikes is good, but we can't know everything! I get them all the time, i'm seeing after i've just registered (today) that there has been lots of posts of bikes of mine in the past...i only sell on Gumtree and i work closely with them, i pick my bikes up from (mostly) constabularly auction in England and fix them up to sell in the local area...this does mean that every week i have a 550-600 mile drive in one/two days to pick the bikes up, but it keeps me in regular work, it's not everyone's up of tea, but i enjoy it.
Thought i'd share that with people!
Thanks,
Allan.
P.S The Trek is still for sale, as is the Raleigh...i'm selling a Cameo and Gents Vintage Town bike tomorrow so far!

Re: It was Mine!

allanofwales":1i2mlicg said:
Ok, shall try again here...that bike was mine, i just sold it...did i sell it too cheap?!
I actually sell bicycles for a living, 2nd hand ones... my knowledge of certain types of bikes is good, but we can't know everything! I get them all the time, i'm seeing after i've just registered (today) that there has been lots of posts of bikes of mine in the past...i only sell on Gumtree and i work closely with them, i pick my bikes up from (mostly) constabularly auction in England and fix them up to sell in the local area...this does mean that every week i have a 550-600 mile drive in one/two days to pick the bikes up, but it keeps me in regular work, it's not everyone's up of tea, but i enjoy it.
Thought i'd share that with people!
Thanks,
Allan.
P.S The Trek is still for sale, as is the Raleigh...i'm selling a Cameo and Gents Vintage Town bike tomorrow so far!

Damn, and I thought you were a bike thief with a taste for retro! :D

Good to have someone in Edinburgh apart from Bikestation who are overpriced on my opinion. But please keep the bargains coming though.

Never!

Well, the bike station i keep saying to people is good for a couple of things...buying a bike isn't one of them in my opinion, but it is a charity and it keeps them going. They are good for going along on a Wednesday night to "fix your bike" in one of their sessions, i'm not at all affiliated with them in any way, but i don't have all the tools i need, so find myself there from time to time. I tell every one of my customers that this can be done, almost all of them are surprised there is somewhere that offers this service, but grateful for the knowledge...i was wondering if i should try and set something up with them...what exactly, i don't know yet.
On a totally different topic, i'm originally from Ayrshire, moved here 4 years ago through working with Macbackpackers in a variety of locations...that makes me a Kilmarnock Fan (actually Kilwinning Boy), Just so you know Jambo!
:)
Allan

Back