BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Just seen this on the US site,

I think I might want one :shock:

just called their CS guys and they said it is indeed going to have Canti mounts for Vbrakes and the one in the picture was a screw up first sample. But they are going to be limited production

Attachments

• Zaskarreissue.jpg
    Zaskarreissue.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 13,345
Zaskar-reissue-small.jpg

Zaskar-reissue-yellow.jpg

limited run of 500, only 80 for the UK :!:

oooff! love the look of the yellow and red ones! any word on what kind of geometry they have? having said that... you could just buy a proper one as they rarely seem to break!

Off yet another site ➡️

Just like the original the new Zaskar will be hand built in the US, this time from Alcoa tubing, each frame with come with a certificate from the builder and sticks to the original tubing sizes. Which means it's gonna be BIG. It even has the original decals. The only difference is the angles, the geometry is more in line with modern hardtails so you can run your five inch forks no problem. Every frame will even come in a specially crafted one off presentation box. Too cool for skool!

Price............................................................£699.99

Oh my word.

Should push up the value of original frames a bit :)

I'm not sure that I like the idea of tweaking the geometry to handle todays forks as in my mind, part of the pleasure in the Zas was the fact that the geometry was nailed in the first place anyway. Made a great XC race bike but also had the angles for a bit of technical tomfoolery. In changing the angles, its not really a Zaskar is it, its just an aluminium framed GT with Zaskar decals.

However... Its a beauty and if I don't get one of the 80 destined for this country, I'll be a very unhappy man!

Limited run. Why not making a limited run of the rest of their line up and only continue with this one?

Where is it made? For my information: 699 GBP is that perceived as much? I do not know what frames go for in UK.

IIRC, my frame was £499 new back in '93. £699 seems like a lot to me, but it is a limited edition and it will sell 'cos muppets like me are sentimentally attched to the Zaskar.

Russell":10sgbdef said:
IIRC, my frame was £499 new back in '93. £699 seems like a lot to me.

I think the £200 difference is for the specially crafted one off presentation box :LOL:

But I agree, does seem pricey.

Back