main.php

Breezer Jet Stream

My wife's bike ..... 15" frame and a stunner....#

Attachments

• Breezer.jpg
    Breezer.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 3,007
A fine night out

Tommy and I are in England now and Thursday last we joined Alun and Phil and their Cannock Knights for a rousing 20-mile burn through the forest parkland north of Birmingham. 18 riders all told; most on spiff retro rides.

Thanks to Andy, David and Nigel at John Atkins Cycles for crack assembly of the first two new windy bikes in the UK since the 90s.

We were led at speed through some 10 miles of hootin' singletrack, even some 'North Shore' apparatus. By the end of the ride they had me good and flogged, which only made the waiting barby burgers and brew taste all the better.

Alun and few others, just back from a week of training in the Alps, pushed the pace so hard I had clean forgotten to SHARE the Breezers during the ride. I will however be at Bike Radar Live this coming Saturday, so there should be an opportunity to check out a Lightning or a Thunder, maybe both, there.

I'll be at the Future.net stand from 10:00 to 16:00, Brand's Hatch raceway.

-Joe

Photo courtesy Alun Piggott

Attachments

• 72dpi c ND3_7530.jpg
    72dpi c ND3_7530.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 2,995
Here's some of my photo's

A bit late to the party but here we go:

The last time I rode the Lightning was during the Strathpuffer 24HR.

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=ymtjn ... quality=70

Some old links here - after I had it refurbished.

http://oldmanbreezer.fotopic.net/c228841.html

And with white tyres (yikes!!).

http://oldmanbreezer.fotopic.net/c271421.html

The bike is currently retired as the chainstay cracked at the BB for the second time so I need to get round to having it repaired.

Still looks great though!

Attachments

• Lightning_2004.jpg
    Lightning_2004.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 2,854
Breezin":21c5nlep said:
james_jc":21c5nlep said:
My 1997 Breezer Lightning:

For my girlfriend , a 1997 Breezer Storm (to do..)

Hi James,

Thanks for posting your two '97 Breezers, one steel, one aluminum. John (The Guv'nor) asked me about my Breezer D'fusion tubing. 1997 was my first year with it, and these bikes are examples. D'fusion tubes have a D-shaped cross section for key points on the frame. I had been working it out for years, including drawings I made for Easton in 1991. The most key point is that Achilles Heel under the down tube at the head tube. D'fusion diffuses the Achilles "hot spot" across the flat of the D (imagine it sideways, flat side down). Per DT diameter, this is the most effective way to strengthen the frame here. The D has its moments elsewhere on the frame too.

James, thanks also for your Breezer bike compendium web site.

-Joe

My last versions :

breezers.jpg

:cool:

Sidewinder":3v76zmk0 said:
This thread should carry a dribble warning every time a new post from Joe comes in I just sit and drool :LOL: :LOL:

agree, the presentation on these bikes is top notch :cool:

storm_01.jpg

There is a pleasing irony that my Schwinn Klunker's paint was inspired by the purple 94 Storm who's paint takes its inspiration from those 30's and 40's Schwinns. Keeping the circle around as the Inspiral Carpets once sung.

3537536507_58a80e8573_b.jpg

Great thread and a honour to have Mr Breeze Snr and Jnr amongst us.

Si

Back