A few piccies from my evening ridgeway ride

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello all, since it was the first night this week that Ive got out of work to find that it wasnt glum and overcast, i decided to rush home, grab a bike and hit the ridgeway.

Heres a few pics of the view as the sun went down.

SPM_A0023.jpg

SPM_A0024.jpg

SPM_A0025.jpg

SPM_A0029.jpg

The view is from a stretch of the ridgeway between didcot (powerstation just about visible in the back ground) and wantage. Nice little ride, just right for an evenings peaceful session.

And a few atmospheric shots of my bike in the setting sunlight.

SPM_A0033.jpg

SPM_A0035.jpg

Nice pics - use to live in and near Oxford and occasionally get the train to the ridgeway for longer rides in the summer, dipping on and off or straightlining a long out and back. Commuted by bike to Didcot for a while. And doing the trailbreak MTB orienteer thingies round that way too.

Ian

i rode that part of the ridgeway and also further towards wendover nearly everyday for the whole five years i was at RAF Benson! i love it, have yo done the young offenders trail or nettlebed? also try pishill and grims ditch! :cool:

whay, you can see where I work in one of those nice pics!
whereabouts are you? I'm Abingdon, fancy a ride sometime (once I'm actually get some amount of fitness back!)

Hi,

JeRkY whereabouts do you live? I'm in Oxford (Headington). I see Kona Kid is in Abingdon, maybe we should get together for a ride sometime. I used to live in Blewbury on the A417 a stones throw from the Ridgeway so I know the bit from there to Harwell. I also know a couple of moderate circular rides out from Blewbury. Kona, don't worry about getting fit I push up hills so I can save the energy to hoon it down the other side!

Regards,
Andrew

I'm inWitney, but unable to find riding buds, and would be great to get a network sorted for group rides. Is that nerdy? :shock: Who cares.
Quantocks were quality on BH monday.

Im in Wantage to be honest though im not in any real state for group rides, im getting my act back together after a 10-12 year break from cycling. At the moment im doing everything at my own pace, i suspect thats a lot slower than most peoples :p

Back