[WTD] Salsa La Raza

i-am-iron-man

Senior Retro Guru
I am absolutely not holding my breath, but today's want is a...

* Salsa La Raza
* Optimistically, a nice Reynolds 853 one....
* ... and tatty is fine.

*sigh*

[/tumbleweed]

There was a stunning burnt orange example on the 'bay recently but in the US. Was sooo tempted - a beautiful frame :) Sold for $372, which seems reasonable given it included a Reynolds Ouzo Carbon fork & Chris King headset :cool:

richardf":2te5f32l said:
There was a stunning burnt orange example on the 'bay recently but in the US. Was sooo tempted - a beautiful frame :) Sold for $372, which seems reasonable given it included a Reynolds Ouzo Carbon fork & Chris King headset :cool:

I was all over it like swimwear...
...did a lot of realistic thinking and a lot of tape measuring before I pulled out. Cheap as chips. Too small.

I would want a 58 and I know a friend who might be getting rid of a 60 at the end of the year.

Might be selling mine soon...

Hi, I've been considering selling my USA-made La Raza and a google search brought me here. Mine is a 56cm. I don't know exactly when it was built (I'm guessing late nineties, can anyone here tell me?) but the serial number is SR1211-65. It's got a "Handcrafted in the USA" sticker. It was in pristine condition when I bought it used in 2002, and I've probably ridden it three times. (I never really got into road riding). I've often thought of putting it on eBay, but was concerned it would get lost with all the post-QBP Salsa bikes. It's a gorgeous bike, which is why I've never parted with it, but it'd be better off with someone who actually rides it... Might be putting on eBay very soon.

56cm frame, Kinesis Carbon fiber fork. Campagnolo Chorus Ergo 8sp with Record front hub and Hugi rear hub. Mavic Open Pro SUP rims (36h rear, 3x; 32h front, radial). Michelin Axial Super Comp tires. Thomson Elite seatpost. Selle Italia Ti Flite saddle. Salsa stem/bar (12cm with 5 degree rise/44cm c-c deep drop. Shimano UN71 BB and Ultegra cogset.

Attachments

• IMG_8577.jpg
    IMG_8577.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,267
  • IMG_8578.jpg
    IMG_8578.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,267

Latest posts

Back