BoTM July 2010 - Riders Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaiser":gn0p2by7 said:
This will be a hard one to call! b'O'b's O face is class :LOL: :cool:

Absolutely, was just about to say that I like the bike but LOVE the expression!

Really great entries already, will be interesting to see how the 'in use' photos affect the voting.

ededwards":a9d392ug said:
kaiser":a9d392ug said:
This will be a hard one to call! b'O'b's O face is class :LOL: :cool:

Absolutely, was just about to say that I like the bike but LOVE the expression!

Really great entries already, will be interesting to see how the 'in use' photos affect the voting.

Never before has an expression of such exhilaration been seen on such a flat piece of ground.

Special month, special bike (to me anyway)

Auld Faithful. The one I could never sell. The bike that has taken me on many a RetroBike adventure. Cut Gate, BDW, Yorkshire Moors, Seven Stanes, 3 Tribes.... always a pleasure to ride and has never let me down. 23 years old and still on its original brake cables- only the tyres and saddle have been changed since it left Fat City all those years ago.

1987 Wicked Fat Chance
4417471325_1843917e1c_b.jpg

Decending Margery Hill in 2009 on the epic Cut Gate Path
4340479697_423b6db5d8_o.jpg

@Sinnett177 think thisi s the third time the Raleigh has been entered so sadly I'll not be able to put it to the poll. It has also won a BoTM, maybe we'll stick in a rule for that.

@Yo-Eddy we ask all bikes bike owned by rb members. Do you still own the grove?

coomber":1fshsi1k said:
mikesnowdon":1fshsi1k said:
Love that last pic! Look at the guys in the background with mouth's open in amazement at your speed! :cool:

Brilliant, and the woman with the hand to her mouth in shock. :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks , i must admit it's one of my best photos , i used to love the Pipeline at Newnham . I remember one year doing a BMBF race there i dropped my chain at the start on the climb up before the pipeline , i fell to the back of the pack . With the rumble of my disc drive i flew down the outside just missing the deadly tree at the bottom and passing about 30 people in the process !

retroklein":2do1is5c said:
Ductape":2do1is5c said:
Early 80's Ritchey TimberWolf:

this one should win the award for "proper retro" :cool:

Thanks for noticing. I have got the proper rear brake since the photo. Only thing post 84 on it now are the tires from later in the decade and those awful grips. I need to put an order in at First Flight for some of their repop foamie grips.

I really like this thread because it is putting faces to names to bikes.
T

My 1992 Cannondale M1000
Big thanks to Dave and Ben for the pics from Sundays Scunthorpe ride.

2n6ds9j.jpg

P1020872.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back