1997 Kona Cinder Cone - New Pic's (lots) update 13-07-10

Wow that is one smart bike, well done. :cool:

Looking for a retro Kona or Marin to build for myself, now leaning more towards a Kona :p

I took some new 'arty' pics. I love this bike. It rides so light and when I go tubeless it'll feel even faster :D

parts029.jpg

parts033.jpg

parts035.jpg

More to come....

Hunter0":ugh384ky said:
Wow that is one smart bike, well done. :cool:

Looking for a retro Kona or Marin to build for myself, now leaning more towards a Kona :p

Saw a bloke out for a ride with his little daughter earlier today. He was on a Kona. I said "cool Kona, snap!" he replied "best bikes in the world mate". I agreed effusively....(true story)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

More pics!
(Sorry quality aint that great. Dirty lens) :oops:

parts040.jpg

parts038m.jpg

parts043.jpg

Moe coming.....

kona fans unite! :D

I've got a modern Hope 'saw-tooth' style rotor in 5-bolt pattern on the way to match the rear.

This bike still needs good fettle to be properly ridable. As it is its only suitable for jaunts down the shops or light local trails. Sadly I cant afford to get it 100% complete yet :cry: Rear wheel needs truing, brakes need a bleed and new pads, and the lower cassette sprockets need replacing.

Its nice to look at though :LOL:

I got the back wheel trued and the brakes suddenly started working so the bike and I have done abut 40 miles over the last week and shes a bit dirty now. Mainly dust but Its been a blast. Shes even got some cable rub and couple of chips already! No garage queen here thanks. This one a rider! Out again tomorrow night :)

picture2000.jpg

picture2001.jpg

Saw a '95 Kona re-done in white and thought the baby blue decals looked nice on the white frame.

She rides real nice :)

Back