10 at Kirroughtree

Cant decide now after the Pentlands, it might be full modern though just for a change. The GT would leave me less battered per lap and thus more capable of succesive laps.

My Strategy is at least 3 laps which is more than last time and target would be 4, anything else is a bonus. Not looking forward to it but the red mist will kick in a bit once I've been round at least one lap like happened at Strathpuff and Dalby in the past :D

After last night's Pentlands 'crash-aganza' it'll be modern for me. I've been moving around like an old man today, and not all of it is crash related damage - 5 hours of riding? Ye canny whack decent suspension and brakes.

Maybe I should get my bouncy Ellsworth thing instead? But 5.5 inch travel on front and back will be a pain on uphills. Damn, have four bikes and no one good for marathons :evil:

Built up the topanga with WTB Velociraptor tyres, better rear wheel and new to it seatpost. Bike feels poised to do K'tree battle and so I will be retro hardtailing this event, I'll keep GT for Glentress/Innerleithen visits :D

Not looking forward to the journey though, K'tree is so far away and involves lots of winding roads. Scoots ready to go though provided the shocks dont reseize or the exhaust explodes :LOL:

Can anyone find last years results? I'm thinking of bringing the 29er again :eek: Or maybe both.

All the results are here (you'll need Excel though).

Looking at the soloists times, laps look similar to 10 UTB... Top soloists were doing sub 1hr laps (48m to 1h). Normal humans lapping in the 1hr to 1hr 30 range. Wondering if they'll try and do something similar to 10 UTB with a different first lap with a long fire road climb to try and string the field out.

Think it must be the browser at work, still cannae see it. Any other break down of the soloists resluts ZZ? How many were the top 50% doing? Anyone wanting to stand up and be counted? Tell us your targets?

10kirsolo.jpg

Top 47 (out of 107).

Personal targets? Last the whole 10 hours - I don't want to reach the end of the day and feel I could have done another lap. Just need to be careful we pace ourselves, and hopefully there isn't too much sitting down and grinding on fireroads like 10 UTB, it'll kill my back.

I'd love to get into the top 50%, so thats looking like 7+ laps :? I guess thats my target then, call it 8 to be sure. Might have to Kirroughtree proof the Salsa and fit some heavier tyres.

Kaisers a mental :shock:

My strategy is lap one then stuff myself with food and water, have a wee stretch, psych myself and do lap 2. Take longer to recover post lap, do as post lap 1 but in a slower more deliberate fashion then start 3. Finish 3 and get myself and kit over to yoof hostel and booked in then head back to race.
Commit to lap 4 only if I've still got any vavavoom left and then collapse :LOL:

Scooting doon on Friday night and rough camping near Drumlanrig. Speeding down last 60 miles on Sat morning. Just in case if I'm not there when you lot go to register can you register me like you did at 10UTB. I will be there for the start in my loud top unless unforeseen circumstance interferes ;)

Back