Spesh Epic Marathon

Scarfacexxx08

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Went out for a ride today along the South Downs and decided to take a few pics of my Epic. It rides really well and love the new brakes :)

Attachments

• Epic 3.JPG
    Epic 3.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 1,534
  • Epic 2.JPG
    Epic 2.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 1,534
  • Epic 1.JPG
    Epic 1.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 1,534
nice ,

was just about to buy an Epic when something a bit more unsual came about .

I recon once they're set up for the rider (and their riding style) they'd be excellent. I only had a quick test ride on one and couldn't get it set right in a short space of time.

Really looks a good all rounder that bike, I like it :)

Well on the later Epics the brain is different, the adjuster is at the top of the brain and i found you couldn't set it to lockout like this one and so didn't feel right. This one i've found to be just right, plus you can set what sort of bumps set it off. As you can see i've also got the terralogics on the front too but i have them set so a smaller bump will make them active compared to the rear.

Yeah, i never thought of it at the time. I bought it as a complete bike but the only thing that are original on it now are the rims. I got the blue hope bug :LOL:

i rode a few of the various epics, the best ones were the older ones with the fox dampers, and the best of those were the earlier ones. the frame got stiffer as they got newer but the best shock action was the earlier 2002/3 models. i agree that the ones with the big knob on top were the worst as you couldnt get the right settings, it wouldnt seem to lock-out enough when closed, and would seem to open up enough when going over bumps. if that makes sense?

you have a good bike there. ride it hard, they are stronger and more capable than you may think........

Back