Koga Miyata help!!

Okay, now I can see all pics. It looks indeed like GentsLuxe-S to me, but not with all specs as came from Koga factory.

koga

Elev12k":1c7tmf9o said:
Okay, now I can see all pics. It looks indeed like GentsLuxe-S to me, but not with all specs as came from Koga factory.
thanks
it has shimano 600 and dura ace(i don't know i they were changed, they seam to be born like that hehe)
i read your description, sounds very nice:)
i love the silmpicity and the luxurious touch.
what does S stands for? i measured the frame and it's 58
i am sure this is the model, it has the same details, headset, frame, as yours had.
ps, can you please point me a direction where i can find a KM frontal badge?
thanks

Attachments

• M1070068.jpg
    M1070068.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 6,055
Badge: This model GentsLuxe-S came with an early metal Koga-Miyata badge. You could try Koga, but I would not give you much chance.

new koga

hei there, can you please help me with this? i am getting it tomorrow, can't wait. what's the model. it was a touring model?
i want to make it a ssp, a pair for my other koga.
thanks man

Attachments

• Kogam.jpg
    Kogam.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 5,999
Yes, touring model. Early 80s. Nice frame.

You can find all Kogas, incl yours, in Koga's catalogue download section btw

hello, i recently acquired this koga miyata 1992 full pro carbolite. Its a bit tatty and as such I'm building it up as a cheapish runaround but having problems fitting a seatpost.

I've taken it to my lbs and tried various sizes but a 25.8 seemed too small and a 26.0 too big!

Frames017.jpg

Has anyone got any experience with this model and know what seatpost size is? any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Carbolite shim

Think I got mine from USE and used a Thomson post to replace the old NItto... my original post in my carbolite was the shortest I've ever seen...

The original post in my GentsRacer-Carbolite was about 1cm too short for getting the seat at my prefered height. I replaced it with a BBB that you can get in all sizes and at every corner of the street. The BBB logo I covered with a Retrobike sticker :)

My '91 GentsRacer-Carbolite >>>

4774809905_1f2ac3e6f2_b.jpg

Back