Do I have disc tabs?? 1999 Klein Attitude Comp with pics

signalMTB

Dirt Disciple
I feel almost silly asking, but are these frames disc brake compatible? if not, what is the place holders for?

Klein001.jpg

Klein002.jpg

Klein025.jpg

yes, it's the early hayes type, i think you can still get an adaptor to convert it to international standard. think it was a2z components that make it.

Same colour and set-up as my '98 Attitude. :cool: :cool: Get some more pics up as it's the only one 've seen other than mine, with the external cable guides. ;) :cool:

Yep, them's disc tabs, but the technical stuff's already been covered up there^^^ :LOL: :LOL:

i have a complete rear hayes 22mm rear brake to fit your frame if your intrested ?

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0114-1.jpg

it works perfectly , theres a re-build kit to go with it too but no pads but there is always some on ebay :D

or heres an adaptor a little colser to home > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A2Z-AD-PMR-Rear-D ... 45f39781ee ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Be aware that using one of those 22mm to IS disc adaptors will mean you need to up the rotor size by 20mm .This also effectively means you need a caliper for a 140mm/145mm rotor because anything else will be too big. Also the A2Z adaptor leaves quite a large gap that needs shimming out using a washer thats about 3-4mm thick.

I built this for a mate and encountered both the above problems.

4109574897_b2bd49a02e_b.jpg

carlos-g":249ti3fd said:
Be aware that using one of those 22mm to IS disc adaptors will mean you need to up the rotor size by 20mm .This also effectively means you need a caliper for a 140mm/145mm rotor because anything else will be too big. Also the A2Z adaptor leaves quite a large gap that needs shimming out using a washer thats about 3-4mm thick.

I built this for a mate and encountered both the above problems.

Just so I'm clear, if I add this adapter...I will need a rotor that is 140/145mm in size? So a 160mm or 180mm will NOT work? I currently don't have discs on it, so I will be purchasing a new set for it. Just want to be sure I get the right size/setup.

Back