Merlin XLM - Minor Face lift (getting there)

Cypher

Retro Guru
Just Got a few more Ti bits for her, Titec Fat-head stem and Straight bar +
Litespeed Seatpost ;)

Attachments

• CXLM-02.jpg
    CXLM-02.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,942
  • C-XLM.jpg
    C-XLM.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,942
I like to have one component of colour on my XLM. At the mo it's white brakes. For a while it was a coloured King headset.

Gotta say, I thought the cobalt blue anodised king H'set looked good as the only coloured item. Green looked good too.

Looking nice by the way.

Cobalt Blue...Hmm..very worth considering, Thanks!
Merlins do have that bluish tinge..

Btw, I really like you brake levers! They blend so very well with the decals n all :)

I like that the white levers on mine don't go, so therefore they sort of do go if you know what i mean?

Was thinking of a white flite and white Ourt's too but i think it's better to have one piece of contrasting colour that looks so out of place it's right.

But have to a black king now and it does go nicely against the ti headtube.

Roll on RB Merlin owners club then. he he.

Well, think it makes sense, too much white will take attention away from your frameset.

I think a white fork and stem would be really lovely :)

The Black King headset would still look fine coz its a neutral color..

I'm embarressed to admit my 97 xlm does have a king ti - bought 2nd hand but unusd for much less than the cost of an ally king (he say's justifing it to himself!). Looks nice :)

SSBonty":2u5paprp said:
I'm embarressed to admit my 97 xlm does have a king ti - bought 2nd hand but unusd for much less than the cost of an ally king (he say's justifing it to himself!). Looks nice :)

you don't have to justify that. It's one of those utterly pointless and therefore completely understandable needless component upgrades.

Good work.

Back