1990 Marin Muirwoods, Gloss Yellow Multi-Splatter!

The seatpost is 26.2, I will try and get you the frame no after work on Friday evening ;)

I'm not too sure on my own seatpost diameter since i'm missing a decent calliper. I measured 26.4 with a measuring tape.

An old Biria bike donated me a Shimano LX-M565 rear mech. It's used but works fine and it's all black.

Attachments

• P5110037.JPG
    P5110037.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 7,355
Looking good mate. :cool:
Keep up the good work...
I'm probably the most guilty for letting you have the work of art...but for that I'll show no remorse or have any regret...Enjoy :D

It seems i'm running out of karma or luck or whatever when it comes to the drivetrain. But some good news first. I have found a better looking rear mech. It's still an LX but this time M563. There is also some nearly new Shimano shifter outer cable SIS SP 40 attached.
I had an LX FD-M563 front mech too but one the adjuster screws wasn't moving in neither direction. So the whole mech got a bath in silicone oil and another in Caramba over night which normally works in such cases. But no effect at all.
My next idea was to try to heat the mech up - still no effect. I thought to myself ok this is not Excalibur and i don't like old knight flicks at all so drilling this beast of a screw out of this mech will be a fine idea. The good news is the screw is gone but of course i messed up the whole mech and 4 drill bits have found their new home in the trash can. So i will have to find another front mech..and that's not the end of the drivetrain blues.
Some cranks came with this evil front mech. All black LX 563, 170mm.
I had some used but working chain rings with matching chain ring screws laying around. At least that's what i tought. The next 20 minutes of my life i spent trying to tighten these "matching" screws. Enlightenment is something that never comes easy i guess. The screws are simply about 3 or 4mm too long.
But only till you attach this old rock ring i never wanted to see again as a 4th ring to the crank. Definitely the screws were bought with this weird rock ring. I'm not too happy with the silver look of it but on the other hand no dirty jeans leg is a positive thing. Pics of all this will be here tomorrow.

Attachments

• evilmech2.jpg
    evilmech2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 7,124
  • evilmech1.JPG
    evilmech1.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 7,124
  • P5180002.JPG
    P5180002.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 7,124
More pics.

Attachments

• P5180005.JPG
    P5180005.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 7,123
  • P5180004.JPG
    P5180004.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 7,123
  • P5180003.JPG
    P5180003.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 7,123
I still got this single right side LX pedal PD-M550 and i still got no clue where the left side might be. A pair of them would be the perfect match.

Attachments

• P5180013.JPG
    P5180013.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 4,019
Loving this build so far but please take that rock ring off :LOL:

If the bolts arent tightening just grind or cut the backs down a bit ;)

I think instead of messing up the bolts like my front mech i will search for some washers when the time is right but to be honest the rock ring grows on me every day i look at it. :D

Today there is quite some progress to be reported.
First i tried on some LX break/shift combo simply because the rest is LX too but the silver break levers just don't look right and i don't need silly gear indicators at all. I don't know about you but my legs tell me when it's time to shift. They even tell me in which direction they want me to shift. ;)
So i put on some all black Shimano XT ST-M095 units. They were on my Eldridge Grade all the wonder years and work perfectly. So why search for something that is already here and then looks superb to me?
I also attached some old Ritchey WCS grips and some Onza Pro Cut barends. The barends were up for sale for quite a while now but i guess now they are here to stay.
At last for today i put on all the missing cable outers.
I'm very pleased because it's beginning to look a little bit like a bike.

Attachments

• P5200003.JPG
    P5200003.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 3,966
  • P5200002.JPG
    P5200002.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 3,966
  • P5200001.JPG
    P5200001.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,966
Thank God or better a man called Roland cause another cheapoo LX front mech is on its way. :D
All i need to finish this here is a black 26,4 seatpost minimum 330mm lenght and one single left Shimano PD-M550 pedal.
If someone wants to donate some of these things above i would be very happy.
:eek: :cool: :D

A small update: I found the missing black LX M560 rear wheel skewer last weekend at a flea market. I had to invest 2€. :D So i am able to swap the grey ones for more black power! Black is beautiful!
Pics will follow in a while.

Back