2006 RM Blizzard

Neil G":2ifqsud3 said:
I wouldn't go as far as saying they're huge really, just normal modern fare.

Not sure about using RF now, heard the BBs are shite on them, has anyone has any experience of Blackspire cranks at all as they would be in keeping with the rest of the parts ?
I've had an RF BB on my bikes for over 10 years. I had to change the bearings last year though... :cry:

JeRkY":tchfsn3z said:
Lovely looking bike, bar the cranks as has been mentioned and also not a fan of the tan coloured charge chainstay protector. Looks a little like a dog with an eye for artistic statements and a severe bout of diarreah has been hanging around the back end of your bike.

Jeeeesus....quite an interesting description there

TBH I would prefer black saddle, grips stem but really don't want to become that anal about a bike lol

Blackspire cranks on order....thought it would make a nice change from Shimano :D

Blackspires on now..looking good

Found out the LX brakes are a bit lacking in the stopping department so they're going to be upgraded soon...anyone got any ideas on what would be good on this?

Just a couple of updates

Reba 100mm dual air fork replaces the Recon coil, haven't tried them out but I think they look very good (red & white picks up the colours of teh Canadian flag!).

Managed to strip the thread on the front XTR caliper assing about with shims on the mount so I took the opportunity to upgrade. I think the Saint caliper should put an end to my braking woes!

Will post some better pics when the weather improves and I get out on the bike :D

Sweet ride, I have a 2008 grey / black and it will corner harder and sharper than anything I've ever ridden :LOL:

I've had it a year and I'm still daring myself locate it's limits, so far it's direction-changing abilities are far greater than mine :cool:

Cheers

Pretty much the same, I've not got the bike anywhere near what it's capable of, I need some more bottle!

Back