Dynatech 800 * Now with Closeups!!!!

Same spec but 2 years younger ! These were Raleighs top frames after the closure of the Ilkston Special Build unit where all those lovely 753s were built.

Cheers

Looks great, always had a soft spot for the Dyna Tech although the times I've seen one in the flesh can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Pink is such a lovely couour in the right circumstances :oops:

longbeech said:
Finally put enough touches together to warrant a photo or two on here, rescued about 18 months ago from a life as a flat bar commuter :( spent ages getting the right kit and building it up. Final touch was the front wheel - strung and trued on Monday.
The frame is aluminium lugged and bonded to Reynolds 2080 tubing, forks are mang/moly 735 equivalent.
Manufactured at the Special Products Division at Nottingham in 1992 - (the serial number starts with an A), the 800 series were custom build only as far as I can tell - catalogues only show up to 700s.
Apparantly the paint finish is also a special job, I have heard of an article in Cycling Plus by Hilary Stone in 92 that details the specs but not read it - anyone here have details???
Kitted out with 18 speed Campagnolo Chorus, with a couple of exceptions like the seatpost, Mavic Open 4 CD rims, ITM stem, and Dynatech Bars. this puts a smile on my face every time I ride it, dry weather only as the brakes dont like the wet :eek:

This is one of the early ones. The frame was assembled after the painting. The main tubes were masked off at the ends to protect them for bonding. They were then painted silver. The ends were then flashed.The decor in the centre of the tubes is done by a process called "Reprotherm" which involves attaching a piece of paper with the image on it in dyes. This is securely wrapped and then heated in the oven to around 200 deg C. Final coat is lacquer. Best regards

Thanks for that Bikemiester - she is still sitting in the garage waiting for the sunshine - or for someone to offer the right sort of cash!

you think those brakes are bad in wet , try using steel rims on old sidepulls in the wet , they just dont work .

but yes nice looking bike

Back