scunthorpe route 4 july. Its done! Aftermath pg5

If Chris cant do his route this week and assuming I arent working do you all fancy coming over here again?

Or have you a back up plan Dave?

I'm not sure how all this works, but, I would like to come Sunday, train from Leeds but not too bad. Will be in Scunny at 11:00. If it is changed, as long as localish would still like a ride out. Modern Steel bike, Retro Rider.

Paul

Up to you Dave, whats the plan?

This is all subject to me not working, just had a weeks hols so dont know for definate if i'm off :?

given the post above i think we should go ahead for a scunthorpe ride. i'll get a route off chris

@ paininthe

we could meet in the train station car park at 11. our rides are usually fairly steady so if you are a racing whippet it'll be a casual affair for you! i expect we'll be out for arouns 3 hours but this could be adjusted

what time is your return train?

lewis1641":61h0nrt5 said:
given the post above i think we should go ahead for a scunthorpe ride. i'll get a route off chris

@ paininthe

we could meet in the train station car park at 11. our rides are usually fairly steady so if you are a racing whippet it'll be a casual affair for you! i expect we'll be out for arouns 3 hours but this could be adjusted

what time is your return train?

Thats great, the train should be in at 10:54

my trains home are hourly on the half hour. I'm no whippet!

Paul,
i've pe emmed my mobile #

FluffyChicken":1mzch9qt said:
lewis1641":1mzch9qt said:
given the post above i think we should go ahead for a scunthorpe ride. i'll get a route off chris...

See the very first post ;)

:LOL:

there's a couple of parts we may have to make up there and also a few bits of questionable legality! i'll avoid them.

it is going to be a pretty big ride but i can see a couple of possibilities for a mid way pint if anyone fancies it.

making it "legal" is going too lengthen it a bit but there are a few short cuts we could do towards the end of the ride if needs be.

ben are you up for a bit of navigating?

there is one section there that i know - it is a ;arge area of open ground and i always seem to get a bit lost!

i'll bring my map.

thinking of riding the saracen. what's everyone else going to be on?

Will check with the Mrs tonight but I'm possibly not going to mske this one as an 11.00 start will make me late home and we are off out.

Will let you know tonight.

Back