Klein Rascal

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
This is my dads Rascal that he has asked me to 'do up' for him. I bought the 'fuselage' from ebay.com about 10 years and more recently we did an official swap- his Harry Quinn 653 for the Rascal.

The previous owner gave it a 'rattle can paint job in VW silver'- I've got a terrible memory usually but I can still remember those words from the auction description! I can also remember the £80(!!!!!!!!!) import duties on a frame that I paid about $100 for. (The seller, when posting, insured it for $500 or something)

Its not going to be a flash, period correct, no expense spared build in fact it'll be the opposite. I have got a few nice(ish) bits to go on it- and I will look out for some bargains to get the rest done.

First though its off to Bristol for a powdercoat- not decided on colour, my dad fancies either dark green or if the powdercoaters have got a close match the original metallic burgundyish colour which can be seen on the fork steerer.

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Interested to see how it turns out!

What's going on with the frame in the background of the first picture? Looks photoshopped, what is it you don't want us to see? :LOL:

Vedry nice If you want to see candy red pics take a look at my klein Pinnacle in candy red!.

Is that the half Kileau frame in the background?.

Why dont you make some improvisations and build that half frame up?.

It would be well wicked and ultra light to see a half frame build!...

:)

COOL PEACHEZ

huuu yes so that's why the edges of the frames main triangle "light up" in the picture, it's the faces of the cut :shock:

Well its gone off to the powdercoaters finally- should be back next monday. Went for 'Slate Grey' in the end which was basically a dark grey with a tiny hint of purple in it- looked really nice on the colour chart

I've got all the bits I need except
~Tyres, gonna get a super skinny modern lightweight set
~BB bearings, 6003-2RSR is that correct?
~Cable sleeves for internal cabling- I've seen the ones on Ebay anyone got experience of these? Can they or something similar be had for cheaper elsewhere? They seem a bit pricey for what they are.

I'm also going to be fashioning a fork mounted cable hanger, mounting on the two screw holes on the underside of the fork steerer. If anyone has done something like this already pics would be appreciated!

Back