Proflex 752 frame and bits...

Vitorzip

Senior Retro Guru
Hi guys.

If there´s a bike i never gave much attention, it was Proflex.

I liked the Proflex bikes and frames, but never enough to know wich models they had.

But, today, this "freebie" model made me regret never had payed much attention...

I really don´t know a thing about this 752 frame. Year, good or bad frame model, original equipment, etc.

Still don´t know what to do with him... look´s good, though.

If you guys could help me...

dsc07763ug6.jpg

im pretty sure the '7' refers to model,and the '2' refers to year of model.nice bikes those,always wanted one,still now,even in these times of multi-linked mega travel rigs.its all about the simplicity.

1992 indeed. My mate had one back in the day. I love them. As you can see I have a few (my 753 is essentially the same design)! Good bike if the rear was somewhat flexy (always have an allen key handy when owning a Proflex I was always told!). 1 1/4" headset makes it harder to get forks etc, but you already have a nice original setup there. Built up around the 30lbs mark. I'm very envious. Always been after a red 752 but the last couple on Ebay I've been outbid on... if you need more Proflex info go here:

http://idriders.com/cgi-bin/YaBB_K2/YaBB.pl?board=news

theres some one selling some 1 1/4" rockshox mag's in the sales forum at the moment, they should fit nicely if you wanted to bounce up front.

funnily enough I bought some rockshox Mag's off Retrobikeguy here with 1 1/4" steerer which are currently on my 753..!

Thank´s for the tips, guys!

A Mag 21 would be sweeter on this bike(must look good on yours, Orange71), but i think i´ll keep the original specs. Do you know wich groupset was sold with this model? Is there any sticker missing in the downtube or was it clean?

Cheers

Attachments

• Easter 2007 011 (Medium).jpg
    Easter 2007 011 (Medium).jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 8,821
Your bike looks great !

Thank´s for the tips. I think i´ll search for a ´92 XT groupset and keep the original fork. I believe ít´s going to be my older bike...

here are some more photos if they help. Looks like it never had the downtube decal:

Attachments

• 752 again.jpg
    752 again.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 8,810
  • 752 rear swingarm.jpg
    752 rear swingarm.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 8,810
  • 752.jpg
    752.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 8,810
WOW :shock: :shock:

My red frame´s gonna look great too!

Mag 21 makes a sweet front, but i really prefer that front rigid fork. It seems i´m going to start this project sooner than i tought... ;)

Back