Another PDM Concorde Squadra

desmondo

Retro Guru
This is my new build, it's a PDM Concorde Squadra. The frame tubing is SLX and he had it resprayed at Argos last year but unfortunately not in its original colour scheme. I going to try to find some C Record bits but it may take some time.

[/code][/list][/url]

desmondo":1ordljru said:
They made some replicas as well didn't they?

From the brochure Fiks posted earlier this week we can derive that you could order the team PDM paint on any frame, or anyway not strictly on the Squadra.

'Design PDM' shown on Gavina model >>

DesignSquadra.jpg

Just checked out the brochure and the frame has Campagnolo dropouts. So it is a Squadra and that's good enough for me. I might go for Cobolto's, they're a bit cheaper than Record deltas.

I thought Cobaltos were also the prefered choice for the PDM team. Full C-Record, bar the Deltas. Later with the introduction of Chorus it were the Chorus callipers. However in the brochure posted by Fiks we can see Gert-Jan Theunisse racing with Deltas.

The book 'The Competition bicycle' by Jan Heine does cover Kelly's PDM bike btw. It is a slightly later example than mine or the one in the '89 brochure. It has a greyish/black fade in the front of the front triangle. I tend to like the ealier style more. Later style >

!BuS2-hwEGk~$(KGrHqJ,!hwEv1+0E9nqBL+sMoZ9dg~~_3.JPG

Colbalto's are lighter but I don't know how they compare braking power wise.
20080403_pdm_cap_martinearl.jpg

Me too the earlier paint style is more classic.

Cobaltos were lighter but . . .

. . . I hope to God they were better than Deltas cos they were pretty poor brakes, in both senses i.e v pretty & v poor. I ran them after dual-pivots were introduced & had scary experience in a very wet race where everyone could stop much more quickly than me! Figured that people must have been better at cornering pre dual pivot simply because slowing down wasn't an option. Do still miss my record deltas tho/

Back