Dynatech 800 * Now with Closeups!!!!

longbeech

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Finally put enough touches together to warrant a photo or two on here, rescued about 18 months ago from a life as a flat bar commuter :( spent ages getting the right kit and building it up. Final touch was the front wheel - strung and trued on Monday.
The frame is aluminium lugged and bonded to Reynolds 2080 tubing, forks are mang/moly 735 equivalent.
Manufactured at the Special Products Division at Nottingham in 1992 - (the serial number starts with an A), the 800 series were custom build only as far as I can tell - catalogues only show up to 700s.
Apparantly the paint finish is also a special job, I have heard of an article in Cycling Plus by Hilary Stone in 92 that details the specs but not read it - anyone here have details???
Kitted out with 18 speed Campagnolo Chorus, with a couple of exceptions like the seatpost, Mavic Open 4 CD rims, ITM stem, and Dynatech Bars. this puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.

Hope you enjoy the pics

Cheers

Whats up with the brakes in the wet??

Are they dual pivot - mine seem to manage fine!

Other than that, it looks sweet. Normally Id say it needs silver rims/stem/bar but the black adds a bit of stealth and draws your eye to the frame colour.

Thanks for the comments, the brakes themselves are fine but the unworn surfaces on the CD rims get very slippy!

I will get some closeups up in the next couple of days

I thought it would be but was pleasantly supprised, one of the nicest I have ever had :D , accelerates instantly - handles lovely, as light as a lot of modern aly high spec frames (21lbs 12oz).
Definatly a keeper!!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back