This seller deserves a slap

This piece of insult to Track Bikes.

Hi to you all out there.Pardon my total lack of up-to date knowledge here but, since when have track bikes been built/run with flat bars?,on the track!.If this item has as is claimed been getting used for riding/cycling to work then it in its' present form it has been getting used contrary to the Highway Code:- NO BRAKES.Any one that bought this and changed the damaged saddle on the basis of being a Perfectionist should take a serious look at themselves and a longer closer look at their purchase and book in to see a psychiatrist ASAP.
The best thing that could happen with this item is for it to be dropped down a very very deep mine shaft having first been modified to an unusable state with a 5lb lump hammer.
Happy & Safe Riding to You All,but on proper bikes for the road and with functioning brakes.

Well, one brake if it's a fixed and if you believe the CTC. Under our laws a bicycle must have a separate functioning brake on each wheel. The CTC maintain that a fixed wheel counts as a brake, although the law as written is unclear and I have never seen any case law to back them up. IIRC the law uses the word "separate" and as such I'm not sure a fixed wheel or a coaster brake would count as qualify since it is not separate from the drive system.

Given the number of people (kids and adults) round here riding jump and BMX bikes with no brakes at all with a freewheel I don't think this law is being actively enforced anyway.

As for the "track" description I used to get irritated by that, but it has been in common use as a description of any fixed wheel bike that I have become imune to it. Back in the day I used to have a fixed wheel MTB (proper 80's urban courier chic it was) and people used to call that a track bike. Brakes bar ends and everything else it had, but they still called it a track bike.

Back