Raleigh TI frame and some cool parts...

Vitorzip

Senior Retro Guru
Hi there.

I ´m going to build this ´93 titanium Raleigh which i bought from a friend a few days ago. Since is very incomplete and i haven´t decided what parts i should mount, i created this topic so you can help me to decide some items.

My friend says this frame is a ´93 Torus, altough my research showed it can also be a MTI 1000, so i´m a bit lost here.

It could be something like this...

raleighrx7.jpg

Right now , the frame has an RC36, Onza Mongo II headset, titanium handlebar, Onza Raw Bars 110, Syncros stem, C.Tech seatpost and Flite seat, on White Industries hubs.
Don´t know which parts will keep, maybe assemble the Onza HO brakes and pedals, with XTR M900, maybe swap Pace for a Mag 21 or a NOS blue Tioga (still negociating).

The frame /parts... sorry again for the bad phone pics...

20082007213vg4.jpg

20082007214ei8.jpg

Hope you guys can help me when i have all the parts together...

Also looking for decals...

Cheers

It can even be a Gazelle. A Gazelle Titanium Pro. Gazelle and Raleigh were both of the Derby Group, so Gazelle had the possibility to carry the ti frame as well.

As you're located in Portugal and as Gazelle is not so international orientated it is more likely it is one of the Raleighs though. I remember I must have a review of a red/white/blue TitaniumPro with Campy and Manitou somewhere. Would be interesting material for scanning if it wasn't in Dutch...

I had thought of Gazelle as well. I had a titanium frame back in ´97 (brought it personally from they´re factory, in Dieren, when i was working for the national dealer), but my friend have purchased this one brand new. He says it´s a Raleigh, but he doesn´t remember the model, just think it´s a Torus...

That review you got would be great, unfortunatly i don´t understand a word of dutch... :(

The MTI 1000 was one of the American versions, the Torus was the UK and European version. The Torus came in a few versions all using the same frame, think there was the XT, LX and STX. With Pace forks on the front you'll have to do it like the UK/European version rather than the US version I reckon!

Nice find, nice bike!

That is a nice looking Ti frame, that wishbone stay looks sweet.. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the finished build mate..

Ok, today i have good pics.

Still negociating a NOS Tioga fork, like JT had in his Raleigh in ´93. Then i´ll decide if it´s a UK (Pace) or an US (Tioga) model.

dsc07764jy6.jpg

dsc07765eh6.jpg

dsc07767ok0.jpg

dsc07772tt2.jpg

Go the Tomac route.. :cool:

Get a Disk Drive too :twisted:

And some Revolverstoo

What make is that blue seat collar?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thank´s for the tips, Kingroon. This Tioga fork i´m trying to buy is going to make me decide. For sure i prefer a Tomac replica, like the one he raced in Europe (a frame like mine).

Nice find, those Revolver cranks. You really have the e-bay under control... ;)

I don´t know what seat collars are these, bought a couple in blue. They measure 35mm, and still don´t know if i´m going to use both. If i decide to sell or swap, i´ll PM you, if you want.

Cheers.

Vitorzip":aft7o0b5 said:
..If i decide to sell or swap, i´ll PM you, if you want.Cheers.

Muito 'brigado ;)

Look forward to seeing the developments Vitorzip :cool:

Back