[wanted] '93 Kona decal set

Ingmar

Retro Guru
Hi

For a repaint of a '92 Kona Explosif Pro frame i need the decal set. I heard gil can help me ??? ... so hope someone can help me ...

Here the frame :shock: :

Kona22.jpg

kona12.jpg

Bertram

I think you'll find that your frame may actually be a 93 and not a 92.

The lines on the Kona logo and the style of rack mounts on the seatstays of your frame match a 93 not a 92.

The 93 was also available in the solid colour as well as the two tone.

Sorry if thats being a bit pedantic.

cheers andrewl, that link tought me something, apparantly the 1993 explosif is meant to have the "slatted" down tube logo, i thought mine had just worn through against the fluted tube.

Now the dilema is, do i replace them with the original but ugly slatted decals, or the earlier 1993 solid decals.

Hi, Gil_m replaced the decals on my 93' Hei Hei (when Jez owned it) as you can see they look spot on - can do some closer pics if you want...
He already has all the decal information - hope this helps you decide ;)

main.php

Martin

The decal information Gil sent me is slightly incorrect for my version of the explosif decal set (green shadow to explosif instead of silver, coloured race light decal instaed of black and silver)

I did mail Gil back explaining this and showing photos of the decals i want to replace, and how they are different to the ones he has on file, but I havnt heard back yet.

Back