King Kahuna - Update - 8th December

i'm considering a few options for my kona and you've just helped me make my mind up on at least 3 things! cheers.
btw i prefer the Fri May 28, 2010 7:07 pm build, which probably gives you an indication of the direction mines taking!

wadsy":qc2e64h3 said:
Neil G":qc2e64h3 said:
Lovely

I reckon some modern (V brake) Fox forks would look good on that, especialy in silver like your old Hei Hei

Didn't you buy my old set of Fox's off me Neil?

Anyway, they are heavy, the SID's are light ;) I've got a choice of these SID Race in silver or between a black or white set of SID WC - any thoughts?

I want to do a custom SID anyway to get them a bit lighter :shock:

Cheers

I did indeed, mighty fine they are too :D

Reckon black is good on the Hei Hei, as for weight maybe it's time to hit the Tibolts site and lighten the wallet!

Taking my Kona out this weekend as my RM is rogered...looking forward to it :D

Neil G":2k3e2h6c said:
wadsy":2k3e2h6c said:
Neil G":2k3e2h6c said:
Lovely
I reckon some modern (V brake) Fox forks would look good on that, especialy in silver like your old Hei Hei

Didn't you buy my old set of Fox's off me Neil?
Anyway, they are heavy, the SID's are light ;) I've got a choice of these SID Race in silver or between a black or white set of SID WC - any thoughts?
I want to do a custom SID anyway to get them a bit lighter :shock:
Cheers

I did indeed, mighty fine they are too :D
Reckon black is good on the Hei Hei, as for weight maybe it's time to hit the Tibolts site and lighten the wallet!
Taking my Kona out this weekend as my RM is rogered...looking forward to it :D

Good to hear they're working well :)

I'll pop each fork (silver/black/white) in and see how they look ;)

I think the weight is pretty good as it is; but with a re-worked custom fork and a couple of other bits and bobs, inc. bolts ;) it'll come down a bit more :)

Cheers

Up-date 29th June

Trying to decide which fork colour suits; black, white or the previous silver :?

SID World Cup in black?....

KKForkOptions023.jpg

SID World Cup in pearl white?....

KKForkOptions014.jpg

KKForkOptions007.jpg

Also added a couple of orange alloy bolts to the shifters....

KKForkOptions008.jpg

Any thoughts on fork choice? I am also thinking of swapping out the orange headset and seatpost clamp for black ones :?

Cheers

stevec1975":3iossxp1 said:
If you decide to sell whatever SID world Cup you don't use then I would be interested!

ok :cool:

It may be a little while, but I would think one WC will be available ;)

Latest posts

Back