WTD. : BMX for nipper.

Got a mini burner, mk1, needs a restoration but it is all there and working, pics in here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15704

I'll get you more recent pictures if you are interested. My son (miniKen) is only selling it because he got a red one with more original bits (you can see that in the main bmx thread).

The bike will cost 35 quid plus postage, 25 quid of that goes to the charity he got the red one from.

Hi Ken,
Thanks for replying but I think I'll have to pass as the Mini-Burner would be too small (though I pray it wasnt! cant think of a cooler first bike).
Its just that I need a normal BMX frame size as kid in question is 8 yrs old.

No worries, although a full size bmx might be too big for an 8 yr old, certainly for skate park duties, miniKen is 11 and although he is small for his age it fits him fine. If I were you I would look at getting an 18 inch wheeled bike, if it its for park use. He should get years out of it, unless of course you are a tall family.

I don't know why you can see them, they are there, but I have similar issues from time to time depending on browsers.

Here they are here, hope they work, I will need to get more recent ones though as these are a year or 2 old and it has been used a lot.

f5ae_1_110.jpg

f321_1_115.jpg

f77b_1_187.jpg

fb3f_1_154.jpg

So far so good. Are you near London/Oxfordshire?

If not how much with P&P?

Is the bike in much worse condition than pictures?

probably an extra 10 to 15 quid for postage in a bike box, I'll get you better photos, some of the decals are scratched up but I think they were when we got it, it is certainly dirtier than when those photos were taken.

This probably isn't the best way to sell something but here is my full report on the bike...

The front wheel has a slight buckle nothing bad, the rear seams true b
ut has a bit of a wobble, Brakes work ok.
Bottom bracket is slightly loose and could do with some grease, I don't think it actually has bearings but I could be wrong, it does work ok though.
Pedals are worn, maybe want new ones.
Welding on these in general isn't great and on this one the downtube weld to the bottom bracket is off centre and pretty poor, beads etc. I don't think it is a repair as I don't see any repainting evidence, I think they put the apprentices on these bikes. But it seems strong enough and it never affected my sons riding at the skate park. His red miniBurner is the same but offset the other way.

here are the latest pics...
SDC11046.jpg

SDC11043.jpg

SDC11041.jpg

SDC11039.jpg

SDC11036.jpg

SDC11037.jpg

SDC11038.jpg

SDC11038.jpg

Latest posts

Back