1991 Marin Muirwoods Build

impressive stuff, beautiful bike, when confronted with the same degree of rust condition etc, i took the easy way out and got new stuff, so fair play

and another fantastic Marin thread!!

Charlieboy28":2slv5oy1 said:
i took the easy way out and got new stuff, so fair play

Not that long ago I would have done exactly the same thing, but when finished I would feel like I hadn't acheived anything, but with what I've done here it doesn't matter how many times I look at it, I can always think to myself "I did that!" :D

Thanks for your other comments.

Requirements for this build:

- Handle bar grips. Found
- Handle bar end plugs.
- 25.4mm Seat post
- Marin seat or a seat you would consider correct for this build.

Any thing will be considered and it doesn't have to be in perfect condition.

Cheers,

Phil

Hey guys, I have the same bike. Modded it to current day stuff..

Here's a picture of it, before the crankbros candy sl came on.

A few more upgrades will be underway.. eg fork/stem/handlebar/shifters/rd/vee's

My old wheelset and all has been rusted till no return.. I still have the original Marin rockstar chengsim tyres, but they are in really bad condition as well. I also have the original saddle! :D

8426_153276956450_619856450_2814457_2550217_n.jpg

Progress report:

The build has stopped on this project due to another member on the forum desperately wanting the frame.

So at present the frame has been stripped of components and boxed and is sold pending payment to Juice. Juice is on a quest to get all the Marin's that have a splatter paint scheme. I wish him good luck with his quest.

Thanks to all who posted comments and gave support on this project.

I have started a project on a 1995 Kona Firemountain for a friend. A new thread for this with pics will be started soon.

Cheers,

Phil

What is the beginning of eternity the end of time and space, the beginning of every end and the end of every place?

The letter "E".

Back