OWMTBC 2010 in North Wales this September - thoughts please!

Tell us what you are thinking about the second OWMTBC event...

• OWMTBC - what's all that about then??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I went to the first one, I'll definitely go to the second!

• I don't think I have the right bike...

• I'm not a racer so it's not for me...

• I can't afford the time...

• I don't have any money left...

• It's too far to travel

• You could talk me round, I suppose...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
We need to get your feedback and commitment to this year's OWMTBC in North Wales - please add your vote to this week's OW poll to help us develop the right kind of event...

Mr K

Always wanted to go but it was a case of "i don't have any money left" because i was out of work for so long. Started recently but thought it would be sold out by now, are there still tickets available?

Would love to go but it's the wrong time of year - just before kids go back to school it's a hectic weekend. :(

I'm all signed up Neil, and as such, none of the options on your poll are applicable. I'd love to be able to give some feedback but apart from not having any time or money you haven't given me any options.

I am however looking forward to the treasure hunt, anti-fashion show and the bike polo demonstration...

Is there a 'where the fcuk is Wales and I never travel further North than Salisbury without getting a nose-bleed' option?? ;)

i think i'm right in saying the event is in very north wales, the "marin trail" at betws-y coed, what i would say to anyone who is thinking of going is DO IT! :D we had such a laugh last year (FYI at the mo, i am the 1 vote for "went last year" etc) upon arrival at the campsite after a night on the lash in amsterdam, we went for an evening ride as a group and then had munchies and beer upon return to the campsite. the next day we had music and a "race" of sorts around a quite long circuit, it was timetrial style so we didn't go off as a bunch, there was points deducted for bike parts that were too modern! like rapid fire shifters etc!! :LOL: we then hit the beer and food again followed by another day of riding.

having looked at the price of the event this year i personally think it is good value for money as i quite often venture into wales and pay approx 50 quid a night at a b+b so for the price of £130 all in for 3 nights accomodation (i'm gonna pay the extra 20 quid for a 3rd night, full entry and 2 nights is £110) and entry and including a t shirt i think is good, and this year i only have to pay diesel and not another £120(?) for a ferry crossing to holland!

i am expecting that this year will naturally be more british oreintated as a result of being in wales but last year it was fantastic to meet some of the members from overseas and i hope some of them make the trip :D

the bikes on display were awsome, and for those who went to mayhem i would say the vibe is very similar but more private if that makes sense.

have i convinced you yet?!! :D :D

Attachments

• my promotional OWC board.jpg
    my promotional OWC board.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,639
Got to be honest I thought being in the UK the places would of been done and dusted along time ago, if there are places still available I could be interested if its suitable aswell for mrs+child? :? im running out fast of brownie points for boys weekends away :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back