Over the bars...is this the worst crash?

longendale

Devout Dirtbag
I know this isn't very retro but I was out tonight with my son when he went ar$e over t*t, straight over the handlebars. (ouch) :shock: I've just managed to clean the grit and dust out of his wounds and all's well in the longendale household. Anyway, is 'over the bars' the worst fall for a cyclist...it's the most dramatic and with track mitts it can be a lot worse....so, next question....can everyone remember there worst fall, crash of mishap that resulted in a natsy tumble....

I remember racing (road) in liverpool years ago and went down with about 20 riders and some of us ended up in a potato field....now that was funny till i realised i could barely walk and had taken a big chunk out of my elbow. :roll: Another was over the bonnet of a car as it pulled out at a roundabout....funny though, i hardly got hurt, bent forks though! :cry:

Longy

the worst by far for me was when my left hand pedal fell off on the way to a mates house i looked down the went straight into the back of a parked car at almost top speed god dame did it sting like a b****** for about a week or two major brusing all over and i felt like a right prat :oops: :oops: didn't help with everyones :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

worst ever ....

8 years old , 10 of us in a back lane , about wide enough for 6 abreast

BANG , the race is off , all jostling for position

about 30 yards into the lane bit of a downhill bit , speed picks up and , wallop , big pile up

not so bad , pick yourself up jon

ooooh why is my bike following me up , looks down to see the brake lever impaled between me ribs

still got the scar to prove it :shock:

never put me off bike though , as you can tell :LOL:

my brother used his face asa brake on a steep gravel downhill. to compound the problem, his mate who couldnt stop, rode over him.

Slim

That sounds natsy, but cool as you still have the scar to prove it. ;)

Cannondale king...never done back of parked car but then again it happens to the best (Jan Ullrich). :LOL: Anyway, that reminds me when my crank snapped on the down stroke and i ended up in a heap on a busy road....still, got a lift home off some female cyclist (in her car, not a backy) - wish i'd got her number but was still in shock methinks....!! :shock:

I feel partly to blame tonight cos i was waving a 'cup cake' in front of my lad and he was pedalling like a nutter....then, gravel, turn bars, lock, airtime!...followed by lots of tears and blood....still, it'll be good for his soul! :LOL:

Seems funny now and i hope me and the little un can share a beer when he's old enough...only 9 years to go till he takes me out for a pint! :D

the ONLY other time i crashed was the year before last , bit of road rash on the hip , nothing serious

ended up with 3 blood clots in my leg , so guess you just cant tell :roll:

Yeah, that's the thing about crashing..it all happens so fast and before y'know it you're on the deck nursing bumps and bruises.....sometimes we can have 'slo-mo' falls....i fell on monday, tried to ride up a steep incline and then keeled over like a balloon....quick look round and nobody saw me....pride intact and ride away...! :LOL:

Most painful has to be landing on the cross bar (BITD when i had a x bar)

Back