FS: NOS Duell frames

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering early 90s Duell frames, New Old Stock

In the Dutch road scene Duell is famous for their serious performance aimed frames with excellent handling characteristics. Duell is the creation of masterbuilder Jan van Dalen and all frames are handbuilt by him. Steel only.

The frames I am offering are new old stock frames using the best tubing from Columbus. They show nice detailling, like engravings of logos and signatures in various frameparts. Absolutely no savings on paint, like with some Italian thoroughbreds. View the many pics available under the links to form your own impression.

Duell/Jan van Dalen still makes fine steel frames. No longer brazed with lugs, but all welded instead. Visit the Duell website: www.duell.nl

Duell Solo SL

Circa 1990 frame with serial 02590. Frame is built using Columbus SL tubing. Finishing is neatly done including many 'D' engravings and a signature engraved on top bracket shell. Solid red with late 80s/early90s era yellow decals. Frame only, no fork.

- full Columbus SL
- chromed right chainstay
- internal brake cable routing
- many engravings
- braze on for front mech
- Seattube 57cm c-t
- Toptube 565mm
- Spacing 128mm

Serial 02590

Looking for 210 GBP shipped * SOLD *

Visit the Solo SL Flickr Gallery

4672549008_435f70b211_b.jpg

4671923735_690d5a544f_b.jpg

4672552530_4277aa699b.jpg

Duell Zurigo SLX

Superb frame out full Columbus SLX. Engravings allover including a couple signatures on top fork crown and bracket shell. Red to black fade paintjob with cosmic dust (glitter particles).

- full Columbus SLX
- chromed right chainstay
- internal brake cable routing
- many engravings
- braze on for front mech
- Seattube 56cm c-t
- Toptube 550mm
- Spacing 128mm

Serial 1368

Looking for 350 GBP shipped * SOLD *

Visit the Zurigo SLX Flickr Gallery

4674723784_d52534964a_b.jpg

4674102961_b020722041.jpg
4674728384_3100f2945c.jpg

4674731302_461e5395bc.jpg

Wow these are great, Duell is perhaps the name that has the most appeal to me of all Dutch frame builders. I made up my mind some time ago, one day I'll own one :cool:

Damn. I'm glad I'm pretty broke at the moment as those are lovely (and my relationship wouldn't survive me buying one).

Hope someone picks them up and treats them properly.

Sorry to add more comments, but these are lovely frames - really interesting detailing, but alas, too big for me :(

Would love to see them fully built up :)

For me they are too small ...but I have another which is my size :) I am thinking of building it up with Superbe and a little Mavic. A pragmatic mix.

The frames up are classics and I would like to see them to classic & vintage enthousiasts who appreciates them for that. At the same time they are very competent chassis also to todays standards and they do take 8s or more. Their handling characteristics are unsurpassed do many still say. The frames would be ideal as a blend of classic with modern functionality. With 7400STI for example.

The Solo found a new happy owner today. The Zurigo is still available. There is another NOS frame I am able to offer: a half decade younger Bologna. A very nice frame as well. This frame is a size 58. I will sort pics and hope to be able to present them you somewhere in the near future.

Both the Solo and Zurigo sold now. I will list the 58 Bologna in the near future. Probably when returned from OWMTBC - where I will travel to next Tuesday :cool:

Back