GT LTS 2000 project

did it ride nice then?

Forks could just need a stiffer spring/more air?...

How much do you weigh if you dont mind me asking?....

It was absolutely tanking it down at the time AJ, so i only ventured to the bottom of the drive.

the riding position is very "upright", which felt awful and the frame maybe a touch too big for me (i'm 5'8") so lots to be investigated and fixed there

couldn't really see to check the setup of the forks, so chances are they're not right either.

haha, i don't mind you asking at all...i'm 12 stone/170 lbs

apart from all that :roll: it felt like riding a whole lot of fun :D

so...time for some photo's.

was really hoping to be further on than this, but only just got hold of the wheels. managed to pull a few bits off it to clean and see what needs fixing/replacing...it looks like it's going to be a looong list..

frame....
DSC00696-1.jpg

wheels, nice forks (thanks majoreyeswater!) and not so nice forks..
DSC00691-1.jpg

rusted up cassette..i''m pretty sure this is going to need replacing, but i'll attack and see what i can salvage..
DSC00693-1.jpg

and some properly rounded out allen bolts :cross face:
DSC00694-1.jpg

and
DSC00695-1.jpg

Hello m8. Glad to see that the Judys are settling in nicely :D Strange feeling seeing them in the pics having walked past them whilst hanging in my garage for all those years.

All the best with the build......Steve.

well...2 months! good god, i'm rubbish

I blame lack of funds, time experience and general ability.

major thanks go to a mate of mine bat40a6 for spending an afternoon straightening me out and getting me back on track..

so without further ado...she's alive. still needs work, but she's alive!!

bike_alive1.jpg

bike_alive2.jpg

so far new bits are as follows..

grips
saddle
headset - tried and tried to get the old one to fit steve, but it just wasn't having it..
bolt for rear suspension arm

new bits still required..

lots.

a little update..

i got some HS33's off MCsanandreas, all fitted and working so i must be doing something right!

bikeandmaguras.jpg

Noticed that the chain was slipping last week, so gave it a proper inspection, as opposed the cursory one that everything got the fist time round..

frontcogsbattered.jpg

frontcogsbattered2.jpg

teefs.jpg

yikes!

could i get away with replacing the biggest two cogs? or would it be better to replace all three?

and i should really change the chain anyway, shouldn't i?

Granny ring doesn't look too bad, they're usually steel so they wear more slowly, and don't get as much use as the middle or big rings.

Back