Show us your BREEZER

Mr Panda":3ff40byy said:
This arrived in the post today :D
1992 Storm.......

Oh - and Triumphs, Nortons and Breezers in one thread - divine. :cool:

Thanks for posting.

A little digression here, though with MTB overtones:

My 1971 Triumph Tiger 750 in 1984 and photographer Mush Emmons with his Norton Commando 850 in 1981.

I rebuilt mine from top to bottom. Even put bronze bushes in the connecting rods. Steve Potts painted the bike. The Triumph spears were inspiration for Breezer spears. I made the tripod mount for Mush's bike.

In 1988 I sold my three British bikes (two Nortons too) to someone in Germany. Mush still has his and tootled it by this week.

-Joe

Attachments

• The Tetons & Me 1981 sm.jpg
    The Tetons & Me 1981 sm.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,261
  • 71Triumph750JB84m5.jpg
    71Triumph750JB84m5.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,262
That series two is utterly gorgeous, the craftsmanship on all the frames you've posted pics of is gobsmacking!

Great thread!

Here's an old picture of mine, bit of mish-mash of parts but is used regularly....currently running it as a singlepeed....

DSC01681.jpg

Cheers
Stu

Stu,
That looks like a '97. Forks are right for 1997 anyway.
The serial number on the BB gives it away: the 7 in H7xxxxxx means 1997.
1997 is the first year with my D'fusion tubing.
So far, few people have posted 97 and 98 Breezers, but they are among my favorites.
-Joe

Hi Joe,

Just checked the serial number and it starts with H7 :)

It really is a lovely bike, bought it a couple of years ago and wouldn't part with it now......for light wheels the Shimano Deore XT/Breezer Backdraft combo are pretty sturdy!

Cheers
Stu

stu":22mp2yy2 said:
Hi Joe,

....for light wheels the Shimano Deore XT/Breezer Backdraft combo are pretty sturdy!

Cheers
Stu

Those were super light 390-gram rims as I recall. I've got a ton of miles on mine, and still rolling.

-Joe

Just typed out my first post and was told "you must have 1 posts before you can post URLs/Links" so I'll get that out of the way by saying "Nice to be here."

Joe, it's good to see you posting here. I heard about this thread on the Breezer Bikes Facebook page, here: http://www.facebook.com/BreezerBikes

Here's a picture of my 2000 Breezer Lightning that I took last fall, followed by three more pictures that I took last weekend:

2238_1000x885.jpg

2320_1000x718.jpg

2322_1000x677.jpg

2321_1000x561.jpg

I always wanted a Breezer. This one started as a used bare frame, possibly the last one built, in 2000. I built it up using an NOS 945-gram generic Spinner rigid fork, a set of Avid V-brakes, an NOS 90mm Avid SAAGO ("Stiff As All Get Out") stem, 110-gram Alpha Q carbon bars, Ergon GX1 grips, XTR levers, shifter, and cables, a Ritchey WCS headset and seatpost, a 235-gram Terry Dragonfly saddle, a used pair of Dura-Ace 7700 cranks that I filed the scratches out of and then polished, an NOS Dura-Ace 7700 triple bottom bracket, Shimano SPD pedals, a Ritchey 39-tooth chainring, a set of aluminum single-chainring bolts from Toronto Cycles, an NOS Dura-Ace 7700 rear derailleur, a Dura-Ace chain, and a Dura-Ace 7700 12-27 cassette. The wheels are Mavic 717 rims laced with DT stainless spokes to Deore XT hubs. I use Slime tubes on all of my bikes and wouldn't want to ride without them. The tires that seem to be a perfect match for the lightweight Breezer Lightning frame are the 26 x 2.2 Continental Race King Supersonic, which weigh 470 grams and are very fast.

The result is a 21-pound bike that's very responsive and a lot of fun to ride. It's a blast off-road but it's also excellent for fast riding on the road and around town. I love this bike.

Breezer American

Just found myself a Breezer American. Will post some pictures as soon as it arrives.

Back