Mystery Hub - Make??

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
I've been given this double fixed hub which I would like to build up into a wheel that will be ideal for my Carlton Fixie. Even though it's not really important I'd like to know the make of it if possible. There's no markings on it at all but it has smooth sealed bearings.

Anyone recognise it?

I also now need a 32 hole 700c rim, black if possible.

Hint, hint ;)

Attachments

• DoubleFixedHub.JPG
    DoubleFixedHub.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 961
could be a "system X" hub, i used to sell them from time to time, i think they get badged as several other things though.

System x - any good? The bearings feel OK and I don't think it's had a lot of use.

i think they were about £30ish, which was a very fair price i always thought, never had any issues with them, they did what they were made to do, jobs a good'un :D

Yup. Looks like the generic fixed hubs that have been doing the rounds for the last few years, could be either unbranded and fitted as OE to all sorts of factory fixies or with all sorts of brand names - some you've heard of but most you haven't. I suspect they are the same body as a lot of BMX hubs but machined differently.

A serviceable workmanlike hub.

Thanks for the help guys. Would any of you be able to quote spoke lengths required to build into a wheel once I get a suitable rim?

Back