Bib Shorts

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm currently considering buying some bib-shorts....never bought them before and see they are sized according to rider height.
Mmmm...now I would say I am far from 'standard' shape....being a short stocky welshman :LOL:
My thighs are pretty thick...with matching waistline...but I'm only 5'9" (stop sniggering at the back) so how on earth are bib-shorts gonna fit?
Any recommendations....stay with shorts?
Cheers
Chubby

Best bet with any clothing is to get to a big stockist and start trying stuff on. As I'm always telling my wife, there's nothing to beat the suck it and see approach.

If you don't have a stockist locally who has a lot of different brands then get on the phone to one with your measurements to hand and they should be able to help you out.

I have strange proportions myself, short legs long torso and arms (chimp!) and find that getting bikes to fit is hard enough, let alone clothes.

i have just ordered 2 pairs that go on a more general sizing... Which may mean they dont fit...

dont forget to shave your legs and borrow the wifes fake tan !!!!!!!!!!

seriously if you do a lot of walking in cycling gear these new inserts are like wearing a nappy, try riding cross and running in them, and they also effect the saddle height with the padding.

that can make the difference between correct position and back ache !!!

thats why people pay large money for bike set up sessions .

orbeas":1nvu85em said:
that can make the difference between correct position and back ache !!!

thats why people pay large money for bike set up sessions .

You really think the thickness of a compressed chamois pad can make that much difference? Seriously the critical dimensions of your bike probably change more than that between a hot or cold day. Your own personal dimensions will change more than that during a few hours riding.

How much time and money do you think BC spends on getting the position right on the bike, they work on thousands of an inch. with the olympic and Team Sky riders

have you never seen film of eddy merckx moving his saddle up and down in a race.

I'm amazed at the amount of cyclists who are riding bikes with a totally wrong position, differant makes of shoes have the same effect, 1/8th of an inch makes a huge difference to comfort and performance just look at a pro race mechanic set up a bike for each rider.

every top rider has a team mate who rides an identical bike just in case.

we have lads riding X races here with the saddle up to 1inch higher than when they first arrived.

get someone to take a side on picture of you on a bike and I bet you can see areas where you can improve your position.

think most shops charge £80 ish for a set up check before buying a new bike.

Back