When Will This Build End!

tokoloshe

Dirt Disciple
This old MBK has been sitting on the stand since April, but I've been finding, polishing, and fussing over parts since September. Now, it's oh so close to being done. All I'm waiting for is a new set of SwissStop brake shoes. Fingers crossed they're waiting for me at the LBS after work, so that I can finally finish the build. :)

Attachments

• DSC_6770-.jpg
    DSC_6770-.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,716
  • DSC_6765-.jpg
    DSC_6765-.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,716
Looks very promising! Really like the intersection of the seattube/toptube :D . Are you sure about the colour of the brake hoods?

peter

zeitnah":1u5fqreu said:
Looks very promising! Really like the intersection of the seattube/toptube :D . Are you sure about the colour of the brake hoods?

A neat feature of the frame is the hidden seatpost binder bolt in the back of the top-tube. The old Suntour brake levers I picked up for $5, so I almost feel obliged to use them. Nonetheless, I think the pink hoods contrast nicely with the Miami Vice color scheme of the frame. Of course, it might all look wrong when I get the white bar-tape on. :)

Attachments

• DSC_6769-.jpg
    DSC_6769-.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,702
Haven't seen a seatpost binder bolt like that before! Looks great :D . Any informations concerning the tubing of the frame? White bartape? You'll need :cool: when you're riding the bike. A big thumbs-up from my side!

zeitnah":12zwp5aw said:
Haven't seen a seatpost binder bolt like that before! Looks great :D . Any informations concerning the tubing of the frame? White bartape? You'll need :cool: when you're riding the bike. A big thumbs-up from my side!

Thanks, I expect the mirror-polish rims should blind a few onlookers when its sunny. :) The tubing is Columbus SL which is assembled using what MBK calls "Inexternal Brazing".

I,m not worried about the colour of the brake hoods.
It's the lack of front wheel!! :LOL:
I like the look of that frame....Nice.....

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. What hood are those on the Suntour levers? I've got Superbe Pro levers aero type but the hoods have disintegrated...

Back