Le Mans Classic Trip in oldskool Alfa anyone?

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
PLACE NOW TAKEN THANKS

Due to a last minute problem one of our group is looking unlikely for this years Le Mans Classic 24hr Motor Race.

Heres a quick overview..

*Le Mans Classic 24hrs for cars that competed between 1923 and 1979
*470 competing cars spread over 6 grids each doing 3 75 minute races.
*1000 drivers
*4,500 classic cars on display
*40th anniv celebration of the making of Steve McQueens movie Le Mans
*100th anniv of Alfa Romeo
*40th Anniv of Porsches first win including a display of cars on the track from the museum.

If anyone is free on Thursday 8th July to Sunday 11th and would like to join us let me know. Package includes return ferry (cabin on way out), general admission ticket, exclusive paddock pass, camping permit for Maison Blanche- the best capsite right beside the circuit, and a seat in my freshly restored 71 Alfa Romeo Giulia.

Cost is £249 plus your own spending money and a contribution towards the fuel.

Small friendly group including RetroBike's man in Holland, Defiant (Bas). Good craic guaranteed and a weekend of motor racing like no other. Le Mans Classic is probably THE best historic motor race in the world, get close up to the legends of Le Mans and enjoy the unique atmosphere.
A must do event!

Si

Bloody hell that's a really tempting 4 day trip.

What would one need to bring? Or should I say what room would there be for camping provisions in the Alfa?? Tent? Bag, clothes, beers ;) etc. etc.

GT-Steve":1x3c9msv said:
Bloody hell that's a really tempting 4 day trip.

What would one need to bring? Or should I say what room would there be for camping provisions in the Alfa?? Tent? Bag, clothes, beers ;) etc. etc.

We travel light and use the mantra 'Carrefour WILL provide!' :LOL:

Place now taken chaps.

Back