1989 Raleigh Montage *UPDATED*

Rear Derailleur: SHIMANO LX

People expect Shimano Deore LX when they read this, but Shimano Exage 300 LX was a lot cheaper back in those days.
Nice retrostuff though. ;)

retrowagen1234":1wdqmv1s said:
slight update, including my (one NOS one used michelins and missmatched crudguards.... nothings one coloured or themed so i dont mind haha plus i dont think they make it look too bad... the tyres make it look a bit used but, they will get dirty anyway so not a problem :LOL:

11022010newlookwithcrudsandmichelin.jpg

Jeez this forum is bringing back some memories :shock: I had one of these for a while back in the early 90s.

I clicked on the Muddy Fox Courier link as well, I used to ride one of those over in Switzerland a lot and loved it, it belonged to my aunty until I crashed it badly with my girlfriend at the time on the back. Made a bit of a mess of both wheels and the frame, bikes, snow, beer and shots of grappa, not a good combo...

Will :)

errrr,,, anyone want to buy my Montage? Too many bikes in the shed.... frame and forks only. Looks about the same size as the one on this thread.
I use it as a trailer towing machine but have a Stumpy for that now :)

What it looks like now, Got thumbies and swapped the tyres for something more in keeping with its age.. Plus they ride better than those specialized things....

11022010newlookwithcrudsandmichelins004.jpg

Back