Show us your cars

lewis1641":pa53ogh0 said:
dan_b":pa53ogh0 said:
ohhh nice Mk2, and nice mk1 XR2...

Here's my Mk2 driver:

DSC00751.jpg

This surprises a few people... :D :D :D

I have had many VW's in my 16 years driving, Mk1's, Mk2's and Mk3's, Polo GTi's etc... etc... I love them...

Very nice. What engine is it running?

I am running an ABF with a few induction/exhaust modifications! 174 screaming little ponies in 900 kilos... I can't lose any more weight now...! I am running Weitec arb's front and rear and coilovers! The whole car is polybushed so it makes for a brilliant back road car and still looks standard(ish)... I am ready for a couple of track days this year or next.....

dan_b":3av7qp50 said:

Here's my Mk2 driver:

DSC00751.jpg

I have had many VW's in my 16 years driving, Mk1's, Mk2's and Mk3's, Polo GTi's etc... etc... I love them...

One of the best cars I ever had was a Mk 2 that looked a lot like that, but was black below the side rubs strips with gunmetal 5 spoke wheels.

Oh and it was 4x4 with a 1.8 GTi engine :D

Tazio":35b02glj said:
dan_b":35b02glj said:

Here's my Mk2 driver:

DSC00751.jpg

One of the best cars I ever had was a Mk 2 that looked a lot like that, but was black below the side rubs strips with gunmetal 5 spoke wheels.

Ohhh a Syncro huh?!?!? Good car!

I would love a G60 Edition 1 or Fire and Ice or a Rallye!

dan_b":cgn9bqbu said:
Tazio":cgn9bqbu said:
dan_b":cgn9bqbu said:

Here's my Mk2 driver:

DSC00751.jpg

Ohhh a Syncro huh?!?!? Good car!

I would love a G60 Edition 1 or Fire and Ice or a Rallye!

It was a synchro but the engine had been taken off the usual torque heavy tuning with a carb and instead fuel injected and tuned up to GTi levels. Incredibly stable car that flew on country lanes.

Track days absolutely rule.

170 bhp isnt an impressive sounding figure but in a well sorted chassis it will fly. Front wheel drive cars are often ruined with too much power.

That will put a lot of stuff to shame on a track, especially a twisty one. My track car was running 121 at the wheels. Not a huge figure but it handled so well. M3's , evo's and impreza's would come flying past on the straights but hold me up in the corners.

Thankfully this new 5 door has the suspension off the track car and will shortly have the engine too.

lewis1641":9icbddys said:
Track days absolutely rule.

170 bhp isnt an impressive sounding figure but in a well sorted chassis it will fly. Front wheel drive cars are often ruined with too much power.

That will put a lot of stuff to shame on a track, especially a twisty one. My track car was running 121 at the wheels. Not a huge figure but it handled so well. M3's , evo's and impreza's would come flying past on the straights but hold me up in the corners.

Thankfully this new 5 door has the suspension off the track car and will shortly have the engine too.

Yeah, with todays figures it is not alot but people forget about the power to weight ratio.... I have had E36 M3's etc... This may not be as quick down the straights but the corners are where it really counts with this! Many so called "hot hatches" have tried and failled! I just think "at 34 years old" if it brings a smile to your face, that is FUN! :LOL:

Yeah my mate has a 500bhp rs4 but i bet i'd lap cadwell faster in my old track car.

Mainly because his car is worth 30times more than mine and he'd be very concerned about crashing it!

Just how often can you actually use all 500 ponies?

120 feels very handy in my car but you definately feel you need more on the straights. The extra 50 odd in yours would make a huge difference.

People struggle to believe 'david and goliath' car stories. 170 bhp golf v's m3- no way can the vw win but like you say, weight is just as important as power.

Similarly to drag beetles. Doesn't take huge power figures to lay v8's to the wayside.

I'm rambling now!

It's easy to start rambling about cars... :LOL:

Yeah I have been out in some 500hp jap motors, I went out in a 200SX S14 that had nearly 500hp... My god that was the fastest thing I have been in...

RS4 :cool:

Thought you might like this! My newest project, a MGB GT V8 '75. Used to be rubber bumper and rhd now it's lhd and chrome bumper. Not finished yet (spent all my money on bikes :D ) but it will be back on the road in the near future.

Cheers, Peter

v8.jpg

zeitnah":2e8jfyzu said:
Thought you might like this! My newest project, a MGB GT V8 '75. Used to be rubber bumper and rhd now it's lhd and chrome bumper.

Classic. Very nice.

Back