GT Borrego

DAVE O

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

re my post on general chat - this is my bike....

DSC01044.jpg

Hope it's retro enough :)

Gotta love the old GT's.......is that a Dave Yates custom stem?

I'm commuting on an old GT Arrowhead at the moment and it's a great little bike for zipping round on!

Stu

Spot-on Stu - yep it's a Dave Yates stem I'm quite tall and suffer with my back every now and then so had this made about 8 or 9 yrs ago - just gives me a better position on the bike.

Coool! love to get one sorted for my Dave Yates Diablo :D

I've been having issues with the cable routing for my rear brake, it's terribly spongy and I see yours has a similar routing.....from your picture it looks as if the cable is bare from when it leaves the top tube with just a bit of housing where it passes through the guide on the seat tube, think mine is set up differently so I'll have a tinker tomorrow!

Stu

Longy - tis the cleanest it's been for a long time :D :D It gets used and abused about 3-4 times a week at the moment.
To be fair it has got a few battle scars to the paint that don't show up on the pic.
I used to race road bikes in the late 80's and have put on a few pounds since. I've always used the MB but not that much in anger until the last couple of months - I've really got back into it and the weight is going slowly :cool:
I'm currently trying to resist buying another bike but it won't be long (got a pinarello SLX road bike in the loft with c-record delta groupset that hasn't moved in 10 yrs - might get some tyres on that and show it the light of day

Stu

There's a thin sleave about 2"long that goes through the guide and alows the cable to run as smooth as it can - I've always thought it was a bit of a 'silly' design :x works ok though with the canti's

Nice one!

Mine has cable housing all the way down to the seat tube guide which seemed a bit strange, gonna set it up like yours and see how I get on :D

Stu

Nice,

these were the affordable way of getting suntour microdrive IIRC

what happened to all the suntour XC expert md stuff off it then :?:

Most of the Suntour stuff went onto a mates frame when I lived in London - he used it to get to the tube so probably nicked by now :?

Got a few bits left - Suntour front mech is on the bench in the garage - I'll probably give it a clean and stick it in the for sale section.....

Back