The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the lookout for a smaller frame as this one is too big (19"). Any idea what is worth as I might be selling it on or PX-ing it for a smaller Steel Kona frame.

Fresh from the paintshop and brand new decals. Wanting to know what Frame only is worth, not selling whole bike. Mount done by Shand Cycles. Canti bosses removed.

p1011138.jpg

mikesnowdon":2yktxj2d said:
On the lookout for a smaller frame as this one is too big (19"). Any idea what is worth as I might be selling it on or PX-ing it for a smaller Steel Kona frame.

Fresh from the paintshop and brand new decals. Wanting to know what Frame only is worth, not selling whole bike. Mount done by Shand Cycles. Canti bosses removed.
See, this is sometimes where I question the sense of modifying frames by removing things like canti bosses.

You may well not want them, but somebody buying might? (I realise it's now got a rear disc mount...)

I had no intention of selling it originally. I didnt realise it was a 19" but now its built I find it a little big.

So whats it worth people?

mikesnowdon":249pfhra said:
I had no intention of selling it originally. I didnt realise it was a 19" but now its built I find it a little big.

I would have thought a Cinder Cone frame would be in the £50 max region in that condition, and the buyer would also want disc's and not canits' so limit the market quite a bit.
Always, in my opinion, the downfall of a renovation of budget frames (even ignoring the disc factor). It's still just a bog standard frame.

Best to ebay it and see what you get.

mickphilcom,
the xc600 £20 to £30 depending on condition and if they work, no play etc..
that includes delivery. Unless of course somebody is really after them.

Right then fellas, give me a clue here will you please.

1) Pace stem, in good condition, couple of tiny marks would give it 8 out of 10. 135mm long and 1 1/8th

2) Ringle skewers, silver, cosmetic marking on them but nothing to bad and wouldn't be noticable once closed. Ti rods on them.

So what do we reckon price wise?

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,072
FluffyChicken":3bv40ye8 said:
mikesnowdon":3bv40ye8 said:

I would have thought a Cinder Cone frame would be in the £50 max region in that condition, and the buyer would also want disc's and not canits' so limit the market quite a bit.
Always, in my opinion, the downfall of a renovation of budget frames (even ignoring the disc factor). It's still just a bog standard frame.

Best to ebay it and see what you get.

mickphilcom,
the xc600 £20 to £30 depending on condition and if they work, no play etc..
that includes delivery. Unless of course somebody is really after them.

Anyone else think my frames only worth £50

:LOL:

I see where Fluffy is coming from, I agree that the modification has devalued the frame, but this is kind of offset by the respray. I reckon £75-90 maybe? I bought a scruffy but not too bad original from ebay a month ago for £58 + P&P.

SP

Average Mark":beqrwvc1 said:
Right then fellas, give me a clue here will you please.

1) Pace stem, in good condition, couple of tiny marks would give it 8 out of 10. 135mm long and 1 1/8th

2) Ringle skewers, silver, cosmetic marking on them but nothing to bad and wouldn't be noticable once closed. Ti rods on them.

So what do we reckon price wise?

Stems seem to be fetching around 45 quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back