Two Serottas caught in one pic

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
:mrgreen:

Of course the Yo is in every inch a Yo, except for that the welds are as neat !

1193679718_e607bdf697_b.jpg

1192789879_d17a894b97_b.jpg

1193643268_92782abe19_b.jpg

That T-Max is very lovely Melvin and, to my eyes, is the equal of the Yo.

Any thoughts for the full stealth look with only silver and black components?

Hi people,

The bikes say thank you for the nice words :D

The Yo is awaiting for some modifications:
- black svelte period correct seat, probably a Flite
- Ringle H2O silver
- ControlTech V's (from Ed ;) )

For the Serotta it is about the end result for now. Some more pics of it:

Wealthy cockpit =>

1193631462_52fbf13f77_b.jpg

The -very light- 9.0SL levers work together with 1st gen XT V's and AC brakebooster for proper brake performance. I can tell you brake performance is indeed proper :cool: I only have to get used to the continious noise the various bits on the V's produce on bad roads. I avoided the rubber cover thingies. Rubbers, plastics look cheap, so reduce them to the minimum is my motto =>

1193620380_e57bffdd4c_b.jpg

Actually the Serotta is a showcase of using parts from all eras in mountainbike history :mrgreen: Rear mech is an composite 9.0SL enabling shifting over 9 cogs, but up front works a XT mech from somewhere in the eighties. Moreover the bike is specced with components from Campagnolo, Shimano and SRAM =>

1192743509_9814e0c15c_b.jpg

Icarus crankset, Syncros crank o matic, 80s XT mech

...and here the 9.0 SL mech =>

1193596972_2bb40d9718_b.jpg

Also check out the Ritchey dropouts

That's all folks!!!!

1195419030_a3c5c4ec5d.jpg

Loving that Campag chainset Melvin, and also the mix and match componentry, whatever works is my approach.

And good news about the saddle on the Yo - I didn't think it looked quite right to me but was too polite (for once) to say!

i love the serotta... (and it is too small for ya. :))

got to love a jet black bike. the crankset is so sweet my tooth aches from looking at it. :D :D :D :D

The Serotta can be had by simply transfering a decent amount to my bank account, no problem :mrgreen: It is indeed a bit on the small side for me. Height isn't much of a problem, but it is pretty short. It is also a bit on the steep side for me big ring pushing dude. I've to learn how to ride it ...or get rid of it, no matter how nice it is. Currently only riders in my stable.

Back