The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Fat Chance Shockabilly frame, the green/blue paint job.

It only has a couple of minor marks on it.

Any ideas on what it is worth ?

Thanks

Mountain Goat Joule

1995 17" Mountain Goat Joule.
Resprayed in the original pearl Blue a few years ago so doesn't have the 'Joule' sticker any more.
Marzocchi Bomber Z2 forks
XT mechs and shifters
Hope Ti Cross Country rear hub / Mavic 231 rims
Answer Hyperlite bars with Control Stix bar ends
XTR V-brakes from about 2001
Would be fitted with IRC Kujo tyres
Bike has original Mountain Goat head badge and seat clamp.
Also include Salsa Cromoto fork which is currently fitted.

First picture shows what it looked like in the mid '90s when I first bought it. Second picture is pretty much what it's like now except it's got a better front wheel, rigid Salsa forks, a new headset and some slicks :oops: .

Any thoughts? What I'm trying to figure out is if selling it will make a big enough dent in the cost of a road bike to make me forge the emotional attachment to it!

Rich.

Attachments

• SCN_0001.jpg
    SCN_0001.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,258
  • goat_800x600_176.jpg
    goat_800x600_176.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,258
Cannondale 16 inch

I've just been offered an old school Cannondale frame set... its got the 11/4" headset and Pepperoni forks, the paint has been stripped... no dings or dents, apparently it's an abandoned project.. how much is it worth??

I have a ITM CNC stem 120mm 0-degrees ( I think), never seen it before so who can give me a hand? Has little use, minor cosmetical.

Foto-OUEGVF83.jpg

Foto-VAFPXUAD.jpg

Cheers
Martin

Re: Mountain Goat Joule

RichN":2g19avcc said:
1995 17" Mountain Goat Joule.
Resprayed in the original pearl Blue a few years ago so doesn't have the 'Joule' sticker any more.
Marzocchi Bomber Z2 forks
XT mechs and shifters
Hope Ti Cross Country rear hub / Mavic 231 rims
Answer Hyperlite bars with Control Stix bar ends
XTR V-brakes from about 2001
Would be fitted with IRC Kujo tyres
Bike has original Mountain Goat head badge and seat clamp.
Also include Salsa Cromoto fork which is currently fitted.

First picture shows what it looked like in the mid '90s when I first bought it. Second picture is pretty much what it's like now except it's got a better front wheel, rigid Salsa forks, a new headset and some slicks :oops: .

Any thoughts? What I'm trying to figure out is if selling it will make a big enough dent in the cost of a road bike to make me forge the emotional attachment to it!

Rich.

parting it out will be your best bet to get the most funds, as most potential buyers of the frame would not be interested in the rest. I have an original magazine review from the mid-ninities on the Joule. I'll look for it.

I've go a set of rock shox Indy xc from 1996 in White with blue graphics that I have just taken off my 95 p7 so they have a 1" steerer.
They are in their original box with the warrenty card and a couple of plug things ..... Cosmetic marks to the decals, but work perfectly.... Seen here on my p7 before removal...... What are they likely to fetch?

ebc237bc.jpg

cheers!

stedlocks":14af86qh said:
I've go a set of rock shox Indy xc from 1996 in White with blue graphics that I have just taken off my 95 p7 so they have a 1" steerer.
They are in their original box with the warrenty card and a couple of plug things ..... Cosmetic marks to the decals, but work perfectly.... Seen here on my p7 before removal...... What are they likely to fetch?

cheers!
£20 to £30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back