Show us your cars

patience dear boy. all i have it this at the minute.

not 100% sure on the wheels now though

j59rbs.jpg

going to be the standard colour and will have full standard gti trim (it is a gti)

paint the wheels dark grey and drop it some more,itll look ok...........lol,will look ace

what time dya finish,when mots done were hanging back a bit to sort exhaust proper and play with the carb n timing some more

IT MOVES!

finish at 5.

golf will look lower when its done - as it is there the arches have been cut back so they have lost about 2" on the rear and 1" front. when the trims go back on it will visually lower the car and hopefully make the proportions a bit better

considered polishing the lip of the wheels and going anthracite centres but my mate has sold his polisher so it'll be hours and hours and hours of work.

still, nothing to loose i suppose

ohhh nice Mk2, and nice mk1 XR2...

Here's my Mk2 driver:

DSC00751.jpg

This surprises a few people... :D :D :D

I have had many VW's in my 16 years driving, Mk1's, Mk2's and Mk3's, Polo GTi's etc... etc... I love them...

Dave , the smooth lines of the wheels don't suit the shells straight edges , the side of the car is covered in straight shut lines and body creases . A fat 5 spoke would look awesome .

Something like this , you have to visualize the proper dish of course :LOL:

compomotiveTS3.jpg

Too many Veedubs round here. Here's summat completely in it's element,
ready to go out and have some fun . :D
Damn! I miss the winter...

Attachments

• DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 896
perry":2x60hqmf said:
Dave , the smooth lines of the wheels don't suit the shells straight edges , the side of the car is covered in straight shut lines and body creases . A fat 5 spoke would look awesome .

Something like this , you have to visualize the proper dish of course :LOL:

compomotiveTS3.jpg

Interesting mr bond.

I thought they possibly look a bit modern but that's about as deep as i looked into it.
Long term plan is definately deep dish split rims of some sort or in the meantime possibly some avez a's.

Definately going to run the porsche wheels for a while. Satin black centres might take the focus off the curves?

You bugger, i've got too much to think about now!

dan_b":1mv064p8 said:
ohhh nice Mk2, and nice mk1 XR2...

Here's my Mk2 driver:

DSC00751.jpg

This surprises a few people... :D :D :D

I have had many VW's in my 16 years driving, Mk1's, Mk2's and Mk3's, Polo GTi's etc... etc... I love them...

Very nice. What engine is it running?

Back