The Combat Kona - now only 24.5lbs!

I love it as well, looks great. I got myself a 2007 Cindercone when they went all generic with their hydroformed downtubes which start box shaped at the headtube as part of the freeride (whatever that is) thinking. Yours look miles better like that.

Colour is great by the way.

Cheers for the comments fellas! Hopefully my scales will arrive tomorrow and I'll see how much it weighs.

Coomber - agreed, the pre-2006 round tube frames do look better than the later boxy ones, but I think only on the hard-tails. I quite like the look of the boxy full-sussers and owned an '06 Kikapu Delux. That was a great riding frame - until it cracked. But hey, Kona honoured the warranty and gave me a 2010 Hei Hei 100 as a direct replacement, which came with a super-bling Fox RP23 shock - result! You gotta love Kona (and Paligap). :D

SP

Splatter Paint":1pzdvnho said:
Cheers for the comments fellas! Hopefully my scales will arrive tomorrow and I'll see how much it weighs.

Coomber - agreed, the pre-2006 round tube frames do look better than the later boxy ones, but I think only on the hard-tails. I quite like the look of the boxy full-sussers and owned an '06 Kikapu Delux. That was a great riding frame - until it cracked. But hey, Kona honoured the warranty and gave me a 2010 Hei Hei 100 as a direct replacement, which came with a super-bling Fox RP23 shock - result! You gotta love Kona (and Paligap). :D

SP

Oh yeah, completely agree the box ones look fine on the full sussers. Nice to see a company with a good warranty on yours, that's a good deal. Just looks such an overkill on the hardtails I think. Having ridden the 2009 fire mountains with the nice round tubes and long headtubes think they look better as well, but you cant really blame Kona for changing to the box sections for a few years when everyone else did.

A little bit of titanium here, a few component changes.... 24.49lbs according to my digital scales! When pay day comes I think I'll invest in some titanium QRs. I already have some ti axles for the hubs. I may go crazy and buy ti v-brake mounts too!

SP

Attachments

• Cinder 24.5.JPG
    Cinder 24.5.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 659
I like it.

But then I am biased - its the same colour as my Unit :D

Kona%20Unit%20%2814%29.jpg

Nice, these bikes look older than they really are. I think the spec of our bikes helps with that though.

I raced mine today, it was faultless, :D I was usless tho'

Back