A Couple of Happy Hours

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Choose bike. Mountain Bike. Blue sky, white clouds. Nothing to rush back for. Need this. Bring a camera. Bottle, shoulders liberated from Camelbak. Wet under foot and tyre. Warm under the tree canopy. Rabbit, fieldmouse, deer cross my path. Stop. Look. Listen. Pee. Man's greatest priviledge - to be able to urinate in nature. Take out the camera. Take in the scene. Up onto the downs. Alone. But far from lonely. Me and Nature, we go back years. Especially round here. Weather's changing shift. Last stretch. 46/ 11. Speed. Smile. Home. Marmite on my toast, titanium in my soul. Best ride I ever did.

Attachments

• downs.jpg
    downs.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,983
  • puddle.jpg
    puddle.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,982
  • post.jpg
    post.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,981
  • bars.jpg
    bars.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,980
looks like you live in a great place....that's picture postcard scenery if ever i saw it. :D

Funny how the simplest things can inspire us to write some words and you summed it up perfectly till you mentioned the marmite on toast...that's just wrong! :LOL: Vegemite every time...;)

Longy

nice, actually looks a bit like some of the ridgeway area over here...
one mistake tho - no mention of multiple clothing changes :LOL:

cool photos and nice new avatar G

I love your merlin. I always dreamed with my Rm double suspension (or a sewanee in ti) and a taiga or XLM merlin for rigid bike

Wu, where abouts on the SDW is that.. looks like my back yard! I'm only about 30mins ride from QE Country Park and regularly ride out towards Harting Down.

Moonkat, between Arundel and Bignor. At the top of Bury Hill, West Sussex.

Wanna come out on our ride next Sunday?

Back